View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2005, 03:34 PM
I simply choose not to, i trust the food that i feed enough (by the condition of my dog and the waste she 'provides' ) to know that it is good for her, the vets that produced Burns know a lot more than me, so i am not willing to experiment with my dogs health personally
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-03-2005, 03:36 PM
I dont want to feed raw. I dont have the space to store raw meat.
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2005, 03:45 PM
we are all 'experimenting' emma, whether you choose to believe that or not. i can say that factually, as it is all unnatural, having 'pets' is unnatural. we dont actually know the perfect formula.

vets know virtually nothing about nutrition. they get approx two days worth (out of seven years) which is sponsored by pedigree, hills and the likes. they say 'we have devised this formula of food, dogs can survive on it, give it to them'. vets are 'trained' not to question the root of the problem, as are doctors. they are trained to recognise symptoms and prescribe drugs to help (dont get me started on drug manufacturers) i agree with you to the point that the burns guy seems to have the dogs best interests at heart, but the fact is, its still a boiled up dry food with a loss of enzymes and vitamins.

Carole, i personally dont think that is a good enough reason to not feed properly. would you not feed at all cos you didnt have a big enough bowl? no, if you knew in your heart it was best for your dogs you would buy space. ignorance.
Carole
Supervisor

03-03-2005, 03:48 PM
I find that quite insulting Jess
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2005, 03:52 PM
as per usual Jess you are pushing your views on other members and not considering their feelings or choices, just because carole and i choose to feed burns or anything else for that matter, does not mean that we dont care about our dogs, we do not however need to have others opinions forced on us and put in a way to make out that we do not care about our animals and we are deliberatly making the wrong choices for them.
I would actually like to see Burns response to the fact that you think that the people that created it know nothing about nutrician
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2005, 03:53 PM
sorry, but i didnt find that a good enough reason. if you love your dogs, which i hope yo do, you should do everything within your power to give them the best.

if you would have said ' i am scared' i might have thought more of you. but the reason you gave was...well pritty gay.
Carole
Supervisor

03-03-2005, 03:55 PM
I do give Star the best in my opinion.

I dont have any space for an extra freezer in my house and even if I did I choose not to feed raw.
afc101
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-03-2005, 04:01 PM
here we go again
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2005, 04:02 PM
no, not pushing my 'opinions' on anyone. i was interested to find out why. a lot of people i meet simply disagree with me, say its 'dangerous' and then be on their way. thats ok by me, as long as they know WHY they made that choice. if carole honestly thought raw was better, i dont think she does, then she would make arrangements to do it. i dont think the storage is the real reason, its just the one she wanted to give.

as per usual emma, you read what you want from what i said. obviosuly this vet as gone away from conventional medicine and treatments. he is after all 'holistic'. i have no argument with him. i agree burns is probably the best dry pet food.
afc101
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-03-2005, 04:04 PM
Jess - Are you after some sort of record for winding people up.
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >