View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: do you agree with paying for a TV licence
yes 5 16.67%
no 25 83.33%
not sure 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 02:10 PM
lets abolish all taxes i am feeling militant today! i agree that with sky tv and such like i already pay for bbc that way so the license fee is a bit of a con. i would rather just have adverts on bbc then i would have time to make a cuppa or let the dog out while eastenders is on
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

02-03-2005, 02:22 PM
lol sky is the real con - all those millions of pounds you pay sky makes some rich git richer!!

At least the money that goes to the BBC goes back into it, for us.

I'm not saying it's right to 'force' people to buy a licence as like I said I was dead against that before - so maybe there could be a change and say 40% of all the money sky and cable etc make goes to pay for the TV/Radio licence?
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 02:23 PM
Eraze, out of all those channels I watch one - BBC 1 roughly twice a week.

Yes it is a real bargin if your getting your money's worth and watching every single channel or listening to every station but what about those who dont want to surely a choice would be better.

Now CT PLEASE dont get me started on the Council Tax, fecking rip off and gone up AGAIN this year. I payed the same when living in a block of flats as I did when living in a semi-detached house (in the same area)...figure that out?
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 02:25 PM
Sky I agre is steep but what about cable?

I pay £23 a month for the full TV package and that includes my telephone too, I get free evening and weekend phonecalls (includes line rental also). A rip off? I think not....
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 02:26 PM
At least the money that goes to the BBC goes back into it, for us.

Yeah and for Lesley Grantham to have Broadband in his dressing room not to mention the rest of these people with all their luxuries.

Can you explain exactly what we get for that money that goes in apart from a few drab TV shows and no adverts, oh and lots of overpaid staff? I would rather watch adverts and pay nowt.
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 02:51 PM
I dont care what the BBC do with their money ,I just dont think I should have to pay for it if I dont want it
why cant they compete for veiwers like the other channels have to ,anyway as has been said adverts are handy it gives you time to get a cuppa etc.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

02-03-2005, 02:58 PM
Laura you get all this:

Originally Posted by eRaze

You get -

• National television channels BBC1 and BBC2;

• digital television channels BBC3, BBC4, Cbeebies, CBBC, BBCParliament and BBCNews24;

• national RADIO stations 1, 2,3,4 and 5Live;

• digital radio stations 6,7, 5 SportExtra, and the Asian Network;

• 12 English regional TV stations and 3 national services;

• 40 BBC local radio stations with local access and community buses;

• one of the best online websites in the world – bbc.co.uk

• 42 ‘Where I Live’ local websites

• BBC News Interactive
For less than what you pay for the daily mail - bargain

PJD - I do think it is excellent value for money but I'm not overly supportive of the compulsory aspect of it. Like I said above I personally think that the TV companies (ie those that make millions out of us, like sky does!) should pay for it out of their profits!
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 03:03 PM
Yes Eraze but if I buy a paper I choose to buy it and generally I read it through.

I dont want all of those chanels so why should I be forced to pay for them?
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 03:11 PM
Well I think it's value for money and I use several of the radio stations and the BBC website daily and I would happily pay more than £2.33 a week for them.
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 03:24 PM
the thing is freedom of choice ,if someone went to the shop it would be silly to force them to buy a loaf of bread even if they didnt want it ,so why do it with tv?
If I wanted all the channels ,websites ,radio stations etc. it prob would be good value ,but I dont want all these things but I am still expected to pay for them ,its just not fair
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >