View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 01:04 PM
well maybe not being so rude and snappy to fellow dog posters would suit some people who insist on putting people in their place
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 01:10 PM
jess, when someone comes along and posts the way you do and then says, oh well thats not actually what i meant, what are we supposed to reply with, like i said before, homework on what someone has posted BEFORE replying always helps, you disagree with most things people post, i dont think i have actually seen a post where you have agreed with the poster, or your reply hasnt been somewhat controversial.
forgive us all if we have you wrong, but the impressions you have given us so far, have warranted the responses you have received.
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 01:12 PM
*And here comes Am in with some popcorn and cokes*

I can see where you´re both comming from (allthough this is not a thread about you two), but as I´m living in a country that have banned the pitbull I find it a interesting topic. And also the debate on "dangerous breeds" in generel. But lets argue without ripping anyones head of ok?
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

02-03-2005, 01:17 PM
Jess please read what you intend to post before hitting the submit button.

That way you can see if anything you are about to post may come across as insensitive or contentious.

As has been said above it IS a big deal when you are told that the breed you have sleeping at home which is part of your life and your family is now banned and might be killed!
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 01:20 PM
Eraze could you add your post and put my name in it too

I think I often do the same, and though this is a serios topic I´m sure noone will make anyone sad or mad on purpose. Atleast I hope not
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 01:25 PM
no one is out to upset anyone else (i hope) and i know that i certainly am not , it's just that on sensitive subjects such as this one, wording of posts needs to be thought out and sensitive to match the context of the thread
tombotha
Dogsey Junior

02-03-2005, 03:05 PM
I find it odd that the APBT is banned, and the SBT has remained legal, because they share the same roots and are in fact very similar dogs
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 03:24 PM
its probably next on the cards. does anyone know of a link that we could sign a petition against it. i think its a simple issue, one that requires education of some people. i know have had my mind changed, just by having one in my house. i used to think they were the devils dogs, and questioned why people would want one. now i know better! (thanks poppy!)
CBT
Dogsey Senior

02-03-2005, 03:49 PM
I dont think bitchiness is in order emma, if jess is asking questions to educate herself on a breed she admits to not knowing that much about, then surely snapping at her isnt going to help now is it?

The pitbull ban is stupid, I agree with you Tom, and whats worse is a lot of folk cant even tell the difference, stick on top of that the fact that a lot of people mistakenly refer to them as staffordshire pitbulls grrrrr and it doesnt help matters
tombotha
Dogsey Junior

02-03-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by CBT
I dont think bitchiness is in order emma, if jess is asking questions to educate herself on a breed she admits to not knowing that much about, then surely snapping at her isnt going to help now is it?

The pitbull ban is stupid, I agree with you Tom, and whats worse is a lot of folk cant even tell the difference, stick on top of that the fact that a lot of people mistakenly refer to them as staffordshire pitbulls grrrrr and it doesnt help matters
Exactly, the ban is completely unworkable, because you can get 35 pound pitbulls that are almost impossible to tell apart from staffs, and larger, leggier staffs that look like pitbulls.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >