View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2007, 06:51 AM
I have finally received my claim for income support, to be honest i dont know why they bothered i will be getting £26 per week I have worked for over 20 years solid and that is all i get????

I have a daughter and a mortgage

Just got to hope the child part of tax credits can do better.

Oh but you do get a bonus £10.00 child maintanence but they take that off the income support so they are not actually giving anything at all coz they are taking it back, whats the point???????????

Not a happy bunny today
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2007, 07:42 AM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
I have finally received my claim for income support, to be honest i dont know why they bothered i will be getting £26 per week I have worked for over 20 years solid and that is all i get????

I have a daughter and a mortgage

Just got to hope the child part of tax credits can do better.

Oh but you do get a bonus £10.00 child maintanence but they take that off the income support so they are not actually giving anything at all coz they are taking it back, whats the point???????????

Not a happy bunny today
When you had your interview didn't they explain how Income Support is assessed ?

Income hasn't been paid for children since 2004(I think)& the equivalent amout is paid as Child Tax Credit. So they assess Income Support just for you. Your assessment sheet will show what they have taken off as income(Child Tax Credit isn't treated as income BTW)

You won't receive any payments for your mortgage as this will be paid(Interest only at a standard interest rate)directly to the lender. The start date depends on when your mortgage was taken out (this link takes you to the JC + page)& your personal circumstances(that is the reason for your claim)

I've added a link to the explanation of the Child Maintenance Premium(the bonus applies to pre 2003 income support claims)in the quote box above

Income Support is not related to your working history or National Insurance contributions it is based on the "scale"rates that are made to people who don't receive enough income to live on
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2007, 08:15 AM
Very helpful Dyane. Hope you can get some answer Jules xox
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2007, 08:52 AM
Thanks Dyane that did help answer the mortgage question but i still dont see the point of this "child Maintanence bonus" that IS counted as income and they have taken it off the total income support, so why give it in the first place?

They have deducted what i get from Mia's dad plus the bonus £10, that has all been classed as "income"

Who is better off on benefits???? I certainly am not, i will be lucky if i keep my house at this rate!! Obviously i need to have 3 or 4 kids to get a decent amount of money!

Still not a happy bunny

But thank you for the link Dyane, it was very helpful
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Hopefully your Child Tax Credit will be sorted PDQ which should make some difference to you.

I used to do the initial claim interviews for DWP & I did a list of things that I had to explain & give out the right leaflets, as it must be mind blowing to make a claim & try to take in all the info when, you haven't a clue how the system works(mind you some of the DWP people don't know how the system works either )
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2007, 12:46 PM
I had an "interview" if you can call it that, was just someone checking all the forms and ID, no one explained anything really, been a long time since i was out of work, the job centre was like a space station

Shame it wasnt you i had my "interview" with, i was lucky to get a smile
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2007, 01:37 PM
well after waiting ages we have finally got it nearly sorted. we are getting some back pay but they are having problems joining the two claims back together. now we can start getting every thing else sorted like housing benefit and council tax benefit.

sue
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2007, 02:21 PM
That must be a relief, Sue (hug)
xox
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2007, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
That must be a relief, Sue (hug)
xox
yes it is thanks vicki. it will be nice to catch up with all the bills and paperwork now.

sue
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2007, 03:14 PM
Glad you got all yours sorted Sue, and yours sounds a complete nightmare to me VodkaV, I'm glad I'm not in your shoes!!

What really gets up my nose is the fact that they're only too quick and eager to hand out money to lazy b's who EXPECT to live off handouts all their lives, whilst the likes of us who have worked long hard hours ALL of our lives end up with nothing!!! My husband was made redundant 4 times in a year 20 years ago, and at the time I only had a little part time job in our village shop to pay for my horse, how we managed I will never know, with a mortgage to pay and everything else, because the Govt were not prepared to help us at all because we didn't have any kids!! Also, because we had been self employed up until the first time he was made redundant! Now I ask you is that a reason not to help us out when we fell on hard times through no fault of our own and had both worked from the day we left school without a break, be it that we chose to be self-employed for some of that time!!!! Makes me so mad, that nowadays any lazy good for nothing ass who doesn't want to work can live off our tax payments for nothing!!!!

Although I had quite a tough fight on my hands to get it, I now claim Attendance allowance for my Mum, Carer's allowance for myself and on top of that, I've just managed to get 25% council tax reduction too! So up theirs, coz even though we don't need it, Dave works 12 hours a day every day and earns well, I'm damn sure I'm going to claim back all of what my hard working Mum has paid out in taxes for the past 60 years and myself! If I could claim more I blooming well would but I can't! Grrrrr, makes me so mad to see some of these people getting handouts, fathering 20 kids and never have or intend to contribute to society in any way whatsoever! If you've got nothing, they give you everything, but woe betide you if you're working, paying a mortgage, become sick, ill or disabled then you'll have a fight on your hands! It's just not right, these people should have priority imo having contributed most of their lives!!!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2