View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2007, 10:48 PM
I had a bit of trouble with royce today also, I was ment to take the car back to the repair centre so had given him is insulin and breakfast, all was fine,, then as I was going to leave with the car I noticed him acting strange in the garden,,,, I went out and sat just watching him,,, I new it couldnt be a hypo as his blood leavels were ok, he fell on his side and seemed to be drunk then after a few seconds got up, he still seemed a bit funny but not bad,,, I canceled the car going in and talked to the vet on the phone, we think he may have been stung,,,he has been many times before but as he is low at the moment due to not being stableised with his diabetes yet it may just have had a bigger effect on him, hes fine now, but Its not nice seeing a big dog like that look so helpless, I just pray we can get him stable soon, his heart must be under a huge amount of pressure at the moment,
big hugs, hope it was just a one off,,,shona x
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2007, 11:09 PM
I'd have s**t myself if that had happened to any off mines.So sorry but glad everything is ok,xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2007, 02:44 AM
Sounds like something they both got at dying wasps or the like?? Hope all's well
chihuahualover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-09-2007, 03:44 AM
Wow, you poor thing. Your evening sounds like the one I had two days ago. I took my son and his pals to an arcade about an hour away and I had sat in the car with Mi Mi all day long when my husband took them inside to eat and into stores. Well I just wanted to grab a few pics with my new cam and then I was going back out to the car. I wanted to take her to PetSmart to play with the other dogs and let her pick out a few toys is the reason she was with us.
Anyways- I took the remote off the keychain and started the car and turned the Air conditioner on b/c it was 100 degrees out. When I shut the door I tried the remote and it wouldnt unlock the door.
So there started my bad evening.....Of course I went ballistic and started crying and then Mi Mi started crying which made it worse. They didnt have any pay phones and I didnt know what to do so I asked them inside to use there phone b/c it was an emergency and I called my mom and had her get help. A few minutes later I heard sirens and seen firetrucks. The fire department come to get her out!!! They were inside the car in 3 minutes. I just held her and cried.

The stuff that happens to our animals I tell ya....lol

Im glad your Baby is okay also. At least the doctors knew what it was, and knew how to help.
Give him Huggies from me and mi mi.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2007, 05:51 AM
Good grief Shelley - what a horrible shock for both your OH and you. Hope your little smasher will be ok, and that the fit is a one-off. Hugs to you all hon xox
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-09-2007, 06:22 AM
What a fright for you all hope they are much better this morning and that Max's fit was a one off.Also hope Hubby is feeling better now did he get a nice supper too?
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2007, 07:16 AM
Poor you! What a stressful night, and they say bad things come in three's...I hope your feeling a little more at ease now having gone to the vets.

I hope your OH is ok, it must have been so distressing for him having an asthma attack.. Bless him

Take care

Love Anna xxx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2007, 07:31 AM
What a horrible evening
I agree with the others that the two things do seem to too much of a co-incidence & that they are somehow linked.

I guess you might never know what happened, but fingers crossed it was a one-off for both.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2007, 07:36 AM
My goodness what a dreadful evening I hope that you're all ok this morning. xx
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2007, 08:28 AM
Thanks for all your posts guys! Yes, OH got a nice supper too, not sardines though!

This morning (and late evening) the boys are fine. Murphy's facial swelling has reduced considerably, and you can only just tell his face was swollen at all!

Max is totally fine, as if nothing has happened, can't understand why he is getting lots of fuss and treats etc!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >