View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2007, 07:09 AM
I have heard it said that some dogs can find the eye spots on Rotties and similarly marked breeds off putting. Makes the expression difficult to read??

Anne
Heidi1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-09-2007, 07:30 AM
Our dog can be a bit funny with black labs but not all of them. He is also reacts strangely to dogs that are more submissive than him, which isn't many as he submits to even tiny dogs. Just the odd one we meet and he gets all growly with them. He was attacked by a spaniel and has been a bit more bolshy with some when on lead since then.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2007, 08:21 AM
yeahmy millie is really funny with certain labs - shes ahd one stuck in her face twice - she can spot this lab ages away and she will start growling and snapping etc

and little dogs - i think she wants to play with them but she really tries to get at themmore than bigger dogs
fran
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-09-2007, 12:55 PM
I've been told that black dogs can be difficult for the other dog to 'read'. Not sure if it's true though. Been already said, but there might have been something in the Rotts body language that your girl didn't like. There may have been a bit of staring going on between them, that nobody noticed. I wouldn't worry to much, a one off incident I guess.
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Sometimes dogs can just take a disliking to certain breeds.

My old girl Bella hated Old English Sheepdogs with a passion! She was as good as gold with all other dogs, but if a OES was walking within sight, she would try to lunge at them, dragging me along on the lead in the process!

Max has a problem with Rotties, but then he was attacked by one when he was a pup so I can see his reasons there.

Try not to worry too much about it hun xxxxxxx
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2