View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Animal
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-08-2007, 03:16 PM
I think its lovely, and if you want to wear red, then go for it If..and its a BIG if, I ever tie the knot I fully intend to do it in a purple dress!
kirstya72
Dogsey Senior
Female 

It is a gorgeous dress-I would love to see it in gold!

What colour of bridesmaids (if any) and flowers are you thinking off?

My cousin got married a few years ago and wore lovely deep red, it was snowing and as it was near Christmas there was a tree in the church it was just beautiful-so if you want red go for it girl. IMO the bride should have what she wants esp concerning her frock
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Although I personally would prefer the gold one or ivory one, LEOS done a good job on your other thread
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=68628

it's your big day hun and you wear what you want. You've got the colouring to carry it off. Go with your dream.
Your only doing this once so wear what pleases you.
Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

I think the dress is gorgeous I have very similar colouring to you and I am always being told that red really suits me.

If you love the statement that the dress makes & if it feels perfect to you then go for it as my mum says 'suit the wearer bu**er the starer'!!!!!

Howvere I would love to see the other colour just for comparison.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by ShaynLola View Post
The dress is beautiful and I love red. Not sure that it would be my choice of colour for a wedding dress but it's not me that's getting married (I break out in a cold sweat at the very mention of the word )

It's YOUR day, so you should have the dress that YOU really want and sod what everyone else thinks! Do what makes you happy

And if you do go with the red, I think gold would be nice for the bridesmaids
oooh good call!!!!
when i was a child i dreamt of marrying in red then recently i fell in love with a light gold colour... then i tried on this and im stuck, i dont know what to do....
Originally Posted by britishbandit View Post
Ok, don't hate me either! LOL I guess in part I'm a bit of a traditionalist, and while I love the idea of "different" weddings, I'm still totally think the bride should be in white, especially a first wedding. I don't feel the same way if it's a second marriage though.

The dress itself is beautiful, but more like something you'd see here in Canada for a highschool prom. I just can't imagine a bride dressed in red.

Thanks BB, white unfortunatley make me look like death warmed up! so its gonna have to be a light gold.... will post pics of the ivory one i try on tomorrow, if they let me....

Alex
xx
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2007, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by Animal View Post
I think its lovely, and if you want to wear red, then go for it If..and its a BIG if, I ever tie the knot I fully intend to do it in a purple dress!
Fantastic, i may have something for you, will PM you!
Originally Posted by kirstya72 View Post
It is a gorgeous dress-I would love to see it in gold!

What colour of bridesmaids (if any) and flowers are you thinking off?

My cousin got married a few years ago and wore lovely deep red, it was snowing and as it was near Christmas there was a tree in the church it was just beautiful-so if you want red go for it girl. IMO the bride should have what she wants esp concerning her frock
Its a summer wedding so was concerend about whether red would be ok for that time of year.... the bridesmaida originaaly were gonna be in baby pink but if i go for red, well they would just have to match!!!

as for flowers no idea, something simple though!
Originally Posted by megan57collies View Post
Although I personally would prefer the gold one or ivory one, LEOS done a good job on your other thread
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=68628

it's your big day hun and you wear what you want. You've got the colouring to carry it off.
Your only doing this once so wear what pleases you.
thanks hun....
Originally Posted by Nicky1979 View Post
I think the dress is gorgeous I have very similar colouring to you and I am always being told that red really suits me.

If you love the statement that the dress makes & if it feels perfect to you then go for it as my mum says 'suit the wearer bu**er the starer'!!!!!

Howvere I would love to see the other colour just for comparison.

great saying!!!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2007, 03:30 PM
i loved the colour alex but personally i would like a red wedding dress when oh finally gets of his bum and falls to his kness then if he dont ask me i can beat him up lol , i think you look lovely in the red xxdk
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Well, if you go for the gold dress for yourself, have the bridesmaids in red...best of both worlds then

Try the gold dress if you can on and see how you feel in it. You want (no, NEED) to be comfortable and confident in what you are wearing for the big day so go for whichever dress gives you that 'I can conquer the world in this' feeling
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2007, 04:04 PM
I agree with DK you look really stunning in the red..it is a beautiful shade. Very Scarlet O'Hara.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2007, 04:10 PM
The red dress is beautiful and if you feel happy and comfortable in it, then go for it! It really suits you and remember it is YOUR day! The gold dress is lovely too. I always used to dream of wearing black or purple, so no reason why you can't have red!!
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »