leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-08-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I did look it up before answering that!
Becky
I take it this was aimed at me.
Just because i said i hadn't heard of a CRASBO in a criminal case, i never said you was wrong, i clearly stated i didn't know and would ask.
What i do know as a fact, ASBO can be civil or criminal or are you going to inform me i'm wrong there too?

There was no need for this comment becky.
Wunjo
New Member!
Male 

30-08-2007, 07:30 PM
yeh just found it Dog World August 17th 2007 page 2 colum one.

Quote The case of a woman accused of causing unnecessary suffering to 28 dogs and puppies has been adjourned. Nadia Carlyle, 34, of Lydbrook, near Glouscester, is charged with nine offences under the Protection of Animals Act. The case at Gloucester magistrates' court will resume today (Friday) when she is expected to enter a plea. Unquote
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-08-2007, 07:35 PM
As far as i know it will be a criminal asbo if it relates to this act.
Unless the mags feel they can't deal with the case, due to serious nature which it will go to crown for sentencing.
The fact it is 9 charges could push it to crown.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2007, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by leo View Post
I take it this was aimed at me.
Just because i said i hadn't heard of a CRASBO in a criminal case, i never said you was wrong, i clearly stated i didn't know and would ask.
What i do know as a fact, ASBO can be civil or criminal or are you going to inform me i'm wrong there too?

There was no need for this comment becky.
I think that this post is way over the top. I didn't say I thought you thought I was wrong I just pointed out that I did look it up first before answering. A simple statement of fact that's all.
Becky
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-08-2007, 07:52 PM
Im not going to be drawn into a debate, all i said was i didn't know if the CR stood for criminal!
Then you said i had looked it up.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2007, 09:34 PM
I think that until the case has been heard, and the RSPCA have decided what charges they're going to take against Nadia, all comments regarding this case should be left off this forum.
Wunjo
New Member!
Male 

30-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by perthro View Post
A CRASBO was issued today in Gloucestersire Court to dog breeder Nadia Carlyle. The CRASBO means that she will only be able to keep 2 dogs of the same sex.
Sounds like she has been found guilty today in the courts.
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2007, 10:28 PM
I would say that nobody knows the full details apart from those involved.

What I do always find strange is new members joining forums and starting or latching onto a particular subject with no introduction about themselves etc.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-08-2007, 11:09 PM
I was just going to post this very comment myself. These 2 people have both joined on the same day, with very little info about themselves, just to stir the pot so to speak. Why on earth bother to name the breed unless it was to cause dissent, to me this is just vindictive, and I suspect that this thread is aimed at Nadia, rather than expressing any real concern. Also I am under the impression that the charges from the RSPCA had NOT been heard as yet, and the charges were NOT cruelty anyway, so I rather suspect that these 2 are making libellous statements.
They may hide their names, but they can't hide their style of writing!!!!!
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2007, 11:51 PM
From the `This Is Gloucestershire` local news website

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co....entPK=17864732

"00:30 - 19 July 2007

The case of a Lydbrook woman accused of cruelty to 28 dogs and puppies has been adjourned.Nadia Carlyle, 34, of Dechmont Cottage, is charged with nine offences under the Protection of Animals Act.

The case was adjourned until August 17 by Gloucester magistrates for Carlyle to decide how she will plead to the charges."

From the apparently quoted Dog World piece :

Originally Posted by Wunjo View Post
yeh just found it Dog World August 17th 2007 page 2 colum one.

Quote The case of a woman accused of causing unnecessary suffering to 28 dogs and puppies has been adjourned. Nadia Carlyle, 34, of Lydbrook, near Glouscester, is charged with nine offences under the Protection of Animals Act. The case at Gloucester magistrates' court will resume today (Friday) when she is expected to enter a plea. Unquote
Nowhere does it mention a breed name yet one of the very new members on this thread [ who has`nt posted on any other threads ], plucks out of the air what the breed `might` be - something I had to google to find mention of.

I strongly suspect one or both new members knew exactly what they were doing in coming here, not to be a part of Dogsey as members like everyone else here, but purely to spread gossip for reasons known only to themselves.

That is not what this community is about.

If any person is charged and found guilty of cruelty charges [ or whatever the charges may be ], toward dogs then yes, shame on that person, but breed is irrelevant in that respect and yes people do post here when coming across news stories about such things, an illegal docker being one recently reported on the forum - except that was backed up by a report already in the internet news media - but this thread seems to me to have particularly personal overtones of intent.

Wunjo, rather than give your opinion of what you `think` the courts decision was, and Perthro rather than stating something as fact - unless you can back that up with a court or media report perhaps it might be best to keep such speculation or statements to yourself rather than plaster it on the internet without a verifiable source for people to refer to...
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >