Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2007, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
The PET BLOOD BANK scheme, located at.

www.petbloodbankuk.org

another plug,
Lol, how thick am I!!!!!
I've been reading your threads and other pieces about them and all... just didn't register at all. D'oh!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2007, 12:41 AM
I got mine from the Kennel Club. They're very thin and light, but very hard wearing at the same time. Pickles must've had his for at least 2 years and it's still going strong.

No sign of it wearing thin and falling off the collar either which is a huge bugbear of mine when it comes to tags!

Plus £7.50 for double sided engraving ain't bad!

Here's the link:

Kennel Club Dog Tags
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2007, 12:57 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
I got mine from the Kennel Club. They're very thin and light, but very hard wearing at the same time. Pickles must've had his for at least 2 years and it's still going strong.

No sign of it wearing thin and falling off the collar either which is a huge bugbear of mine when it comes to tags!

Plus £7.50 for double sided engraving ain't bad!

Here's the link:

Kennel Club Dog Tags
Thanks for the link. :smt001
Are they similar to the type you can get at the pet stores where the machine engraves them? (They look like they might be.) Cos that's the kind we have at the minute and they've only lasted 6 months with us. I've got to rough dogs here, lol.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2007, 01:12 AM
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
Thanks for the link. :smt001
Are they similar to the type you can get at the pet stores where the machine engraves them? (They look like they might be.) Cos that's the kind we have at the minute and they've only lasted 6 months with us. I've got to rough dogs here, lol.
Hmmm I'm not sure cos I've never really bought one of those machine ones, but I know what you mean.

They are a similar shape, but alot lighter and thinner. Not sure what material they're made of, but they're seriously hard wearing!

Isla's a right roughhouse and she'd had hers from about 10 weeks old (she's now about 15 months old) and there's barely a scratch on hers!

Pickles' has a bit of wear on it due to wearing two tags for a while and them rubbing together, but it's still completely readable and theres no sign of it thinning around the attachment area.

My Sisters Bichon (18 months old) also has one (and Isla likes to drag him round by it) and that doesn't seem to be showing any signs of deterioration either!

So, in short, I really would recommend them!
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2007, 07:38 AM
I got ours from Tagiffany they arrived in two day's and look great they are really chunky. but because my girls are dinky i bought cat tags rather than dog tags. they had plenty of room for all the inf. i needed and they have a really strong loop to hold them to the collar.
http://www.tagiffany.co.uk
leospride
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-08-2007, 08:18 AM
Timpsons
We've got the barrel shaped ones, engraved by machine. Two years old, still going strong, no weak links AND you can still read it. You can get a lot of info on them as well, handy if you've a dog with a 'condition' that needs noting
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2007, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by TBBS View Post
I got my dogs tags from identitag, Boomer and Bertie have had theirs for 6 years, Teagan did lose hers and I had to get her another one, but I found the other one in the garden about a year later.
I've just ordered two for Rjj from Identitag His missing Pets tag has lost the front bit & his number is unreadable so I have ordered a collar tag that fits on his collar & an ordinary tag & they will have it chip, tattoo & Missing Pets numbers on it as well as the bits required by law
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-08-2007, 12:04 PM
Ahem, the latest fashion trend is definitely the PBB ones.

They're hard wearing as well.
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2007, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
Ahem, the latest fashion trend is definitely the PBB ones.

They're hard wearing as well.
Don't get me wrong..... but your dog has to be over 25kg's doesn't it to be a donor? we looked into this but all my girls are far too small so we will have to keep buying our tags.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-08-2007, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by CockerMum View Post
Don't get me wrong..... but your dog has to be over 25kg's doesn't it to be a donor? we looked into this but all my girls are far too small so we will have to keep buying our tags.
They've got smaller donation bags on order, once they get them, smaller dogs will be able to donate.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >