Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-08-2007, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post

I don't know if you have ever experienced sleep paralysis but I do all the time. It's where you are either just falling asleep or just waking up, and you can hear everything going on around you, but you keep drifting in and out of sleep and can't move or wake up fully. (If you google sleep paralysis it would probably be explained there better than I can!).
Funny you should say, I have expeirenced sleep paralysis a couple of times, the first was last year I woke up in absolute agony I when I tried to shout or get up I could not move, in the end I went back to sleep woke up a little later with nothing to suggest the pain I thought I had been in, even went to the docs where I was given an all clear. The second was a few days ago I woke up and could see a man in plate armor (like the old jousting knights stood looking out my window, I could not move or speak.

I have heard people say they think that passed pets are about but I just find it weird that things happen now after over a year.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 07:09 AM
I believe 100% that they do come back and visit us.
Becky
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 11:54 AM
He's always been about; only now you are ready to sense the signs.
It's wonderful that you had such a bond that he wants his precense felt. Don't question it, enjoy it and thank him.:smt001
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 11:54 AM
I truely believe they stay with us , i can often "smell" my mums perfume ,and many times i've "felt" a presence my daughter who keeps cats ,lost her billy ,about 3 years ago but swears she still "feels " him jump on her bed ,and swears she's often seen him washing at the top of the stairs ,a favorite place of his ,so no your not loseing it ,just being visited by a dog you loved well and who loved you in return .
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
They all visit us, we just are`nt always aware of it, or sometimes don`t even believe it can happen, but that does`nt put them off and sometimes they have to wait a while until we are `ready` to know - and to accept - that they are watching over us and are just checking in now and then, be it a sound, a scent, a movement, or just the warmth of the heart :smt049

If anyone thinks you a nutter, then sadly they have clearly never known the true heart-bond of a dog and his human, [ or any beloved companion of course ], and might never feel or recognise the special moments you are sensing now.

Don`t try to find explanations hun, just enjoy the moments for what they are, a loved dog checking on his family :smt001
your post has made me weepy!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-08-2007, 03:22 PM
Well if your are all nutters so am I. I swear Max use to come back in the beginning and stand beside the bed just as I was dozing off or waking up and I use to hear his claws tapping the skirting boards like he did when he was running in his sleep.
As I came to terms with his loss he seemd to come less and less but I sometimes feel he is around and just checking all is ok.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2