View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 08:34 PM
lol!!! Flower still smells of the dead fish, I can't seem to wash the smell out of her!!! I'd heard before that they do it believing it's perfume, it just makes me giggle!

Do they think horse poo is a breath freshener....???lol!! x
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Dusty is the worst, any kind of poo that is not dogs poo I think. She loves it. Hedgehog, fox, mice, rabbit chocolates, oh she eats them too!

One time in the field I saw Charlie giving it the full on body slam roll so called him back only to be greeted by the most foul stench I have ever smelt in my entire life!

He was covered in a thick green translucent sludge and I cannot even begin to describe the smell, but believe me, it was such a stench passers by were giving us looks all the way home!

I tied him to the washing post and from as far back as I could stand with an extended arm, squited the contents of one small tomato sauce bottle all over him and rubbed it in with a sweeping brush, still standing well back (honestly the smell would have knocked you sick if you stayed close for too long). I did the same with the dog shampoo and gave him 2 washes and hosepiped down and he still smelt for about a week even though he had no sign of this gloop on him that I could see!

I still to this day don't know what it was, I didn't go to investigate, he was promptly put on the lead and marched home!
Does this help with the smell?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 09:08 PM
My lot love Rabbit Raisins!
Becky
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 10:36 PM
Luca will roll in anything smelly A couple of weeks ago she rolled in something nasty and was covered in it She was then uncerimoniously dumped in the bath for a shower
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-07-2007, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
I'm afraid 'rolling' is a natural thing for dogs to do I understand it disguise their scent making it more difficult for prey to detect them ...
You're spot on, it's the hunting instinct, they disguise their own scent with droppings or dead animals so their prey can't "scent" them when they're upwind.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 10:26 AM
there all just smelly sods xx
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 11:38 AM
lol sorry had to laugh in the time i've had gemma she's rolled in more or less everything i'de rather she didnt those i remember most are dead rat :smt001 fox poo is a big favorite ,mud ,dead fish (so your not alone ) and generally anything with the aroma of pong ,you may as well get used to it
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Isn't it Funny tho! ruby marks like a male dog tiny wee's everywhere yet she then goes and rolls in nasties ??
Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 05:34 PM
Oh I know the stinky dog thing soooooo well

Louie loves to roll in anything stinky, especially if it's some stinky thing he hasn't smelt before

Fox poo is a big favourite but is closely followed by sheep poo, goose poo, horse poo, dead rotten things (ie fish, rats etc)

His best attempt by far has to be the day he went exploring when we were out with my mum & dad, he found a cow field not long after the cows had gone in & yep you guessed it there was lots of very fresh cow pats
he rolled himself totally in it before we could stop him & was literally green from head to tail :smt078 :smt078

My mum who thinks the sun shines out of his bum was horrified & wouldn't even let him near her
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2