Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2007, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
just found out shes not bhs approved even though she was advertising as so,and the eviormental health are visiting her on our behalf,laso apprentaly there are no riding school liences to be had in the north,im so cross does anyone know anything about this ?
Afraid I can't help with the licence part for you, as I've only experience with riding schools across the south of england, it does surprise me though I would have thought it was illegal to not have one across the continent but apparently not

Thats outragous about her not being approved! Glad something is being done about it though. Hopefully she will think twice about continuing to teach whilst not qualified! It makes me so angry when corners are cut and safety is sacrificed just for the sake of saving some money.

Really hope you manage to find a good riding school for your girls hun.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2007, 11:20 AM
thanx there has being nuerous accidents up there only now iv not found out shes not reported them and a friends daughter was hospitalised last year for 4 days after she was knocked out jumping and was told to get on her horse and continue,to when she fell off again,she is qualified apparently but no longer a member of the bhs,the bhs are not strict enough if ppl qualify imo they should still have to members before they are allowed to teach.
flow-wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Try www.newrider.com
flow-wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Whereabouts are you zoey?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-06-2007, 02:38 PM
A BHS Instuctor has to re-register themselves every yr. once qualified the BHS does not keep a check up on them.

As for the riding school not be registered with the BHS , many are`nt but they must at least have a licence from said council, to practice, otherwise they will not get any insurance to cover them..... is their no notices up around the yard telling you what or if they are licenced with either/or/ both?

To be honest being registered with the BHS is not worth the papere it is written on, they give you ample warning when they are coming to inspect your yard, giving you ample time to get it in ship shape, they will check the horses over, only yo see if they are fit (health wise ) to ride, I have never known them to say , this one or that one is not suitable , because it may buck the odd client off.

I would be looking for another riding school for your girls, one that has suitable horses for novices, although even then, they may have an off day, and not want to play.

You know the old saying " you are not a rider till you have come off at least 3 times" at least your girls are getting back in the saddle , it is not putting them off.

find a better school for them.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
A BHS Instuctor has to re-register themselves every yr. once qualified the BHS does not keep a check up on them.

As for the riding school not be registered with the BHS , many are`nt but they must at least have a licence from said council, to practice, otherwise they will not get any insurance to cover them..... is their no notices up around the yard telling you what or if they are licenced with either/or/ both?

To be honest being registered with the BHS is not worth the papere it is written on, they give you ample warning when they are coming to inspect your yard, giving you ample time to get it in ship shape, they will check the horses over, only yo see if they are fit (health wise ) to ride, I have never known them to say , this one or that one is not suitable , because it may buck the odd client off.

I would be looking for another riding school for your girls, one that has suitable horses for novices, although even then, they may have an off day, and not want to play.

You know the old saying " you are not a rider till you have come off at least 3 times" at least your girls are getting back in the saddle , it is not putting them off.

find a better school for them.
its not the bucking off if mine had pound for everytime the came off theyd be rich,its the only just broke two weeks horses she seems to enjoy putting the kids on,the shouting at them for being late when theyv been excersising her knackers for a hour,its the way she frightens the kids,some of them kids are only allowed up as she close to them,its good drive for us,they dont need lessons no more they just want to hack with there mates,there not really competitive kids,theyl learn as they go on there own horses,its the fact theres no saftey clause for kids that sickens me,we put our kids lives at risk,each time they get on,but with no saftey clause by the instructor even thought of its worse,the horses will be moved tonight and if shes someat to say she will be talking to health and saftey as far as im concerned thanks for your post informative.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2007, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by flow-wolf View Post
Whereabouts are you zoey?
i pmd you
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-06-2007, 02:13 PM
its not the bucking off if mine had pound for everytime the came off theyd be rich,its the only just broke two weeks horses she seems to enjoy putting the kids on,the shouting at them for being late when theyv been excersising her knackers for a hour,its the way she frightens the kids,some of them kids are only allowed up as she close to them,its good drive for us,they dont need lessons no more they just want to hack with there mates,there not really competitive kids,theyl learn as they go on there own horses,its the fact theres no saftey clause for kids that sickens me,we put our kids lives at risk,each time they get on,but with no saftey clause by the instructor even thought of its worse,the horses will be moved tonight and if shes someat to say she will be talking to health and saftey as far as im concerned thanks for your post informative.
I am not sure what a satefy clause is going to do for you, if you know you girls are riding out on unsafe horses, there is no point in worrying what certificates she has, if any thing was to happen. If you have worries , find them somewhere else to go.

Are they allowed to take ponies out of the riding school without an instructor accompanying them on a hack, this alone will put her licence at risk if she has one at all, not to mention if any thing was to go wrong she would be liable.

Are they being bucked off on hacks, or in the school (not that it matters)

When my daughter started riding lessons she was 3yrs, her first instructer, was a "cow" she was not a child person, I remember her telling Vicki off (cant remember what for) and told her to stop crying or she would smack her face for her I took Vic off the pony, and left, we found a much nicer riding school soon after, we never looked back.

It sounds a very slap dash riding school, sadly she is not on her own, they are everywhere, there is one like that not 3miles from me..
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2007, 03:07 PM
Having read and re-read your post Zoe, I just can't understand why you are still letting your kids go there and paying for the priveledge of letting them ride green horses/ponies, let your money do the talking and go elsewhere. I'm not altogether sure what you meant in most of your post but if I am correct in thinking that they allow riders out hacking without supervision then I would not go there again. There must be somewhere more suitable that your kids can go to. Good luck in your search, try word of mouth, good riding schools will always have good reputations and the people who take their kids there will always be glad to tell about them.

Horse riding is a high risk sport, you could look into taking out your own insurance for your kids.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2007, 03:10 PM
we not going again,but the girls best buddy lives on the same lane so there moving there horses in there with hers,so with a bit of luck the other parents will follow suit xx thanx for your help xx
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2