View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-06-2007, 10:48 PM
why don't dog owners who import docked dogs from abroad start their own association and show their dogs, and exclude members of the public who are NOT competing ??
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2007, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by duboing View Post
Erm, how many shows are there that DON'T have paying members of the public in attendance? I've been to small breed club shows, and always had to pay entrance. I think (hope ) you could find your showing-options extremely limited by buying a docked animal.

Perhaps you could get into showing guinea-pigs instead...
There are loads of shows around here where the public don't pay entry fees.Also why oh why would i want to show guinea-pigs when I have beautiful dogs to show if I wish to.XX
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2007, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
There are loads of shows around here where the public don't pay entry fees.Also why oh why would i want to show guinea-pigs when I have beautiful dogs to show if I wish to.XX
Cos you can get black and tan guineas and they dont have tails
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2007, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Cos you can get black and tan guineas and they dont have tails
Sorry but I prefer my dogs to guinea-pigs.No offense to them though..I just fail to see why at the end of the day someone could tell me to GO SHOW GUINEA-PIGS.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2007, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
Sorry but I prefer my dogs to guinea-pigs.No offense to them though..I just fail to see why at the end of the day someone could tell me to GO SHOW GUINEA-PIGS.
Its called friendly tongue-in-cheek humour
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 02:08 AM
what like this :smt019 :smt019 :smt019 :smt016 :smt016 :smt016 :smt091
still think its called a bun fight :smt084 :smt052

Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Its called friendly tongue-in-cheek humour

she says reaching for huge sticky bun,,,,, yum,

to be honest Im totaly sick of it all now, the docking thing that is,,,, with all the threads recently I have done a fair bit of thinking,,,,,, When I get a min I will do a blog explaining these thoughts,,,,lol watch this space there may be a few folk surprised when I make my final decission,
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 02:28 AM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
what like this :smt019 :smt019 :smt019 :smt016 :smt016 :smt016 :smt091
still think its called a bun fight :smt084 :smt052

she says reaching for huge sticky bun,,,,, yum,

Yeah
Some goodnatured :smt016 :smt019 :smt016 :smt019 :smt016 are much better than serious :smt062 :smt062 :smt062

[ Its just a bit of a pain getting the sticky bun coating out of the hair though so be careful how you aim them m`dear :smt044 ]

to be honest Im totaly sick of it all now, the docking thing that is,,,, with all the threads recently I have done a fair bit of thinking,,,,,, When I get a min I will do a blog explaining these thoughts,,,,lol watch this space there may be a few folk surprised when I make my final decission,

I`m intrigued, I`ll look out for the blog
surannon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-06-2007, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
why don't dog owners who import docked dogs from abroad start their own association and show their dogs, and exclude members of the public who are NOT competing ??

Nothing to stop people doing that. Would the shows have the same recognition and prestige as a KC show? No. Would it do any good in the long run? No. Would the shows mean anything to anyone who wasn't there? No. Would the exhibitors be able to make up recognised Champions in their breed? No. But nothing to stop you doing it

Debs
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
I'm looking forward to that Shona, I've been trying to understand all this from a docked breed owner/breeders perspective so to "get into your mind" sort of thing may well explain a few things to me
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2