Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
Think if I worked in the vet I would've stopped him in his tracks he would have been told shut up or leave, the man is an idiot by the sound of things.
my feelings entirely :smt041 actually i would have asked for him to be removed.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 06:34 PM
There's just the one word for people like this DK - TW*T!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 06:36 PM
What an idiot, sorry to hear you had to endure his tirade
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Sounds like Karma came and bit him (or his dog...) on the butt!

How rude of him. I'm not for docking, but would never shove my opinion down others throats like that. Infact one of my dogs is docked; he is a rescue dog, so I had no choice in the matter.

Very presumtious of him to assume you all have yours done as a matter of course.

I hope someday he comes across a similar reaction to his now docked dog.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 06:56 PM
What an idiot.

Regardless of what he thinks of docked dogs that was no way to behave. Personally I like to see dogs with their tails on but to go around shouting the odds in a vets is bang out of order. Many people and pets find vets visits quite stressful at the best of times and to have someone carrying on like that and stressing both dog and owner out is not on.
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-05-2007, 07:25 PM
What a complete Ahole.True people are entitled to their opinions but assomebody who has kept both docked and undocked Rotties i have no preference and would love to have been in you vets surgery that day,he would definately have got a peice of my mind.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 11:04 PM
i agree he was ar##hole,and also michael was saying that some people have slandered him for treating a docked dog, its getting stupid now,why dont they pick on someone else instead of the vet for treating a docked dog,all dogs need treated regardless of docked or not
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-05-2007, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
Last night i took my youngest boxer beau to the vets ,
As she has a sore paw , there was a rottie , a ****zu ,a weimy ,and a jrt (all docked breeds) a bloke came in with a really nice dog a doberman with a tail a really nice dog , my beau went of to make pals as she did with the other dogs there she is only 15 months and very friendly , the guy with the dobbie pulled his dog away and said take your docked mut away , to which i replied she has all her jabs and only has a poorly paw he wont catch anything she is only being friendly , to which he replied yes i know he wont but i dont want a mutalated dog near him to which i said can you explain that remark please remember though im not the only person with a docked breed in the room .: and he said yes it might affect my dog , to which i asked in what way do you think because my dog is docked that haven anything to dog with her your dogs tail will some how magically fall off .
The other clients found his remark strange ,he said ppl like you make me sick parading around with your little dogs in a ring .
The guy with the weimy got called in and he carried his 6 mnth old pup in as it had a very swollen spine and straight away he shouts see the state of that you did that , the guy was hurt and very annoyed to which he replied no i did not he got out of my garden today and got hit by a car actually . but why do you say i did this by home banding or docking its tail to which the guy replied no im new tio the area and his breeders vet docked it actually .
S o he then started on the rottie owner about docking his dog to which he replied ive docked tail for 12yrs and ive also breed rotties for 12 yrs both for pet and show and never had a problem with any of my dogs spinal or any other health ways , yeah yeah was the guy reply you b*******s are all the same its all show with you lot , to which the guy replied i dnt show my rotties and im no bsds
I then asked what wrong with your perfect dog then he needs a vet to which he replied he got his tail caught in the door again .
Then it was his turn as beau had been seeen and i was chatting away to one of the other vets and he told me (he is a great friend as well as my vet ) that the poor dogs tail will need amputated as its the fifth time this has happened . so when the guy came out all annoyed and embarrased looking i asked oh is your dog going to be ok as i hate to see a poorly dog he replied no he ahs to have his tail amputated . TO which i replied oh how sad for the poor dog you would not have had this probelm had he been docked .
A nd the guy with the jrt said looks like you will be parading around with a mutalated dog after all .
S o maybe its true in what ppl say you never know when things you say come back and bite you on the bum .
Fair enough ppl can have an opion in these matters but he was being down right vicious in his accusations
oh i love it dolly !! by the way , was his name Mr HEAD, first name DICK ??
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Just to make it clear in case anyone wondered, no it was`nt me in disguise
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2007, 12:13 AM
That whole story is so unreal it sounds made up.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >