Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2007, 02:34 PM
Re the Peke on the other site :

"Sorry for delay in replying been soaking up the sun at Agility Addicts all weekend

You have my permission to post my message. £10k taking the mick!

We had a Peke about 8 years ago prolasped a disc, My Mom had the op done, he was released from the vets requiring catherisation 3 times aday, I'm a Firefighter not a Vet, but its amazing what you will do for your Mom's dog!! Anyway, months of physio and swimming 2 or 3 times a week, and he walked and weed on his own. It wasn't easy but he survived and had a good quality of life for prehaps 3 years. That was a severe prolaspe and along time ago now, so with the advances in medicine, you should stand a much better chance. My Mom kept a running total, and when he died his injury had cost just short of £2000"

------------------------------

Still waiting on other permissions but hopefully a second opinion and referal is in hand now ?

Please pass on my good wishes for your friends littl` un.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2007, 04:59 PM
hello
gosh this brings back very painfull memories for me ,we had the most wonderfull border collie bessy ,two years ago she had a german shepherd pull her too the ground ,for a while she was treated for arthritis ,she eventually went completelly off her legs ,it broke my heart ,after steroids ect all sorts of things ,we did what we should have insisted on in the first place ,had exrays done ,the vet said its deff slip disc ,we sat with him to consider the options ,he said if they operated on her .she was twelve at the time , there was only 50/50 chance of it working ,with besseys age ect .he said it would cost 2.000 plus he couldnt really give us ball point figure as two vets had to perform the operation ,we felt the chances was such a gamble ,he offerd us full rest no movement and other drugs ,she did indeed get back on her legs but it didnt last ,we had her about 3 weeks if i remember right after that ,we had to make the choice to have are lovely bessey put to sleep . but reading these posts on the forum ,it dos look more hopefull for the dog in question allso it looks like it has been picked up straightaway as bessey was wrongly diagnosed in the first place which wasted time , allso he is much younger ,which will make big diffrence hope this helps ,i wish you well ,hope he gets better fast .
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2