Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

24-05-2007, 02:29 PM
Hi Michelle what a sad thing to happen to your friend I too
hope that pne day she may decide to have another dog again. This just brings it home that no matter how well trained they are there is that 1% element of doubt where instinct kicks in and everything else goes out the window. The story is sad and very thought provoking. Thanks you for sharing this.
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2007, 05:15 PM
That is such a sad story, really makes you think. Funny how we accept working traits in other breeds, such as BCs and that stare, or other breeds with prey drive, but expect there to be nothing there with pit bulls.

I hope life treats your friend well from now on, I really do.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2007, 05:33 PM
A very sad and thought provoking story. Thank you for sharing it. I sincerely hope your friend recovers.
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-05-2007, 07:06 PM
What a terrible experience for all concerned. I think it is very easy to forget that our sociable, well trained dogs can all have their training overriden by instinct and this sad story is a timely reminder of this.

Can I ask you what an anti jump harness is please as I have never heard of one before
Heldengebroed
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-05-2007, 01:53 PM
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=55804

similar story posted by me

(and bashed for)

greetings

Johan
borzoimom
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2007, 02:06 PM
OMG! Well you would have NEVER EVER been bashed by me! I am so sorry.
And to everyone- thank you so much for your support and consideration of my feelings, and understanding for my friend!
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2007, 02:20 PM
iv boxers and have a 7ft fence,and some of them jump it from a standstill so we covered there runs with wire to try and prevent accidents.
its a terribly upsetting story and i do hope she recovers as some one said dogs can help heal people xxx give her my love xx
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2007, 02:23 PM
a truly sad sorry .
Hugs to your friend and i hope she recovers in time xxxx
Biff
Dogsey Senior
Male 

30-05-2007, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by Heldengebroed View Post
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=55804

similar story posted by me

(and bashed for)

greetings

Johan
Dont bring that all up again. The thread was locked, so we wouldn't want that to happen to this thread would we.

I wouldn't have said you were bashed, but people definitely didn't appreciate your choice of title, which came across as quite patronising.
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 10:15 AM
What an awful thing to happen I suppose it just goes to show that no matter how well trained a dog is, when instinct takes over that training becomes irrelevant (sp?)
I learned this with my BC. As well trained as he is, when his herding instinct takes over, for example with the bunnys in the woods, his recall goes straight out of the window! Even though he has never been trained to work sheep, the instinct is still there. My last BC who passed away 4 years ago, jumped over our 6 foot wall one firework night when he got out. Thought we had lost him but remarkably he turned up at my nans unharmed the next morning, 15 miles away! So I know that when a dog decides to jump, they will jump.

I will say though that this could have happened with any breed, and people should not look badly upon it just because it was a PitBull.

I really hope that your friend recovers from her ordeal and that one day she will be back to doing what she loved. My heart goes out to her.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »