View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
vincent smith
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-05-2007, 02:03 AM
i cant help out so went and asked my wife nown as princesswolfy on here as she comes from kilmarnock she just sade to me that she has herd of it and we both are sorry we could not help ok.
kerritoo
New Member!
Female 

28-05-2007, 11:10 AM
Many thanks for all your help, I have spoken to the local dog walker and she tells me that Kelburn has a lot of sheep at the moment and many of the Farmers are not dog friendly so I think I will stay well away from walks with sheep! Does the Fairlie walk go up to a Castle - I am not too sure about the walks in Fairlie but I know there is one up to a ruined Castle but again I must stay away from the sheep!

Thanks Christine
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

28-05-2007, 03:20 PM
Well things have changed since I went last year with my friends and her dog up the Kelburn park! I never saw any sheep then - just a few rescued goats and they were in their own pens and never got out where the public walk! Perhaps the sheep are in another part of the Estate! The Fairlie moors is OK but I think that is where the sheep may be because there are animal grids on the small roads up there, if my memory serves me correctly!

Here is a site, which may be of interest to you:

http://www.fairlieburne.co.uk/fairlie.html

You can find other information too from the Tourist Boards. I am sure they would be able to give you all the information you are looking for.

My friends and I also walked down along by the pier and along the shore to the Pencil. Lots of people use the paths to walk their dogs.

I think I remember the name of the other place at the other end of Largs, past Nardinni's - Barfields, there is a theatre there - Viking I think - and I am sure I went walking up towards the hills there too with my friends.

I live not all that far away!

Another place to take your dog is Portencross. It is a very small place but plenty of beach. Only thing you have to look out for are people riding!

Rose
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

29-05-2007, 02:40 PM
Another place my friends took me to with their dog was the Inverclyde Sports - not the centre but the parkland itself. Lovely walks there too. Think the following site may be of interest

http://www.ayrshirepaths.org.uk/activlargs.htm
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Hello,

I would highly recommend the walk along by the Pencil Point in Largs. There is a pathway, grassy areas and a good beachy bit.

PS. When you move to Largs, beware of the oldies and their filthy Westies. (No offence!! )

Lunderston Bay across the road from Cardwell garden centre in Gourock is also excellent for a good long walk (however, there are sheep in the fields next to the walkway) but there is a good beach. (About a 20 minute drive up the coast road).

If you ever come to Greenock, there is the Battery Park and esplanade (no sheep - but good ice cream shops!). (About a 25 minute drive away).
kerritoo
New Member!
Female 

29-05-2007, 04:25 PM
Excellent many thanks once again - Christine
kerritoo
New Member!
Female 

29-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Many thanks for all your helpful information - Christine
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2