Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
finnigan31
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-02-2005, 12:30 AM
[quote="willowwisp"]
[b]Being a dog breeder does not make an expert!
or in your case responsible !

You seem to be the only breeder here who deliberatly ignores what is best for the breed, does`nt consider what all the years of research has taught us impotant , you openly admit you breed in your own interests, there is`nt another breeder on here with ethics like you, the breeders here care for the long term future of thier chosen breed, they are`nt breeding dogs with genetic faults.

I would be very interested to know if you consider yourself an expert

Willow you have been asked several times to answer the questions re what health checks you do ,why don`t you answer those questions???????????

yvonne
willowwisp
New Member!

13-02-2005, 01:26 AM
Willow you have been asked several times to answer the questions re what health checks you do ,why don`t you answer those questions
Why should we! Whats it got to do with you or anyone else - I merely said in the begining that we breed white dogs which are from sound healthy parents as are the resultant puppies. Any defective puppies [and we have never had any] would be kept by ourselves. We have the space and means to do so.

the breeders here care for the long term future of thier chosen breed, they are`nt breeding dogs with genetic faults.
Pardon - you set yourself up to KNOW that our dogs are genetically faulty, you know that personally. We resent that insult. As has been said before on this forum, if you want to pass insults send me a PM.

We dont breed several litters from our bitches and then pass them on to "retirement" homes. It is something that has always been done and we are not getting at anyone on this forum, however it does not mean that we agree with it.

As for genetic faults - you know absolutely NOTHING about what we do and how we do it. The years of research, yes, that is something we have gone into ourselves - a very long involved process, by which I mean we have did research ourselves. My husband has written several papers on it!!!

The only experts in the animal world are those qualified to be so - professional caring Veterinarians.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-02-2005, 01:34 AM
Originally Posted by finnigan31
Willow you have been asked several times to answer the questions re what health checks you do ,why don`t you answer those questions???????????

yvonne
I think, from the lack of response, that we have to assume that her white stud is not tested and that she requires no documented proof of testing from the owners of the bitches that he covers. I hope I am wrong but what other conclusion can be drawn? Anyone irresponsible enough to even consider breeding from a white is likely to have a similar lack of concern for the importance of health testing. Ignorance is one thing, but deliberate disregard is another.
willowwisp
New Member!

13-02-2005, 01:47 AM
The only bitches he covers are our own - I would have thought that was obvious. Certainly not going to put him out to every tom dick and harry that wants their bitch mated. Our breeding programme is very controlled.

Incidently do you breed - I think I read somewhere that you have a dog and bitch - presumably both entire so even if you dont intend to breed - two entire dogs could have an accident sooner or later - what precautions have you taken to avoid such an occurence or dont you care!
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-02-2005, 02:12 AM
Originally Posted by willowwisp
The only bitches he covers are our own - I would have thought that was obvious. Certainly not going to put him out to every tom dick and harry that wants their bitch mated. Our breeding programme is very controlled.

Incidently do you breed - I think I read somewhere that you have a dog and bitch - presumably both entire so even if you dont intend to breed - two entire dogs could have an accident sooner or later - what precautions have you taken to avoid such an occurence or dont you care!
Oh yes, I do care, very much indeed. That is why my bitch is spayed and my dog is castrated. Don't know why you would presume otherwise?

Why should it be obvious that your dog covers only your bitches? I don't think you have ever stated that anywhere?

Why so secretive about the health tests that you do, or do not, have done? Most good breeders are more than happy to answer such questions. In fact most are sufficiently proud of their stock that they will tell one such things without being asked

May I ask you provide references to the Journals in which the research papers written by your husband appear as I am interested in genetics? Please PM me if you do not wish your name to appear on forum.
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2005, 01:19 PM
I would love to see the research papers too can you give me a link or pm thanks
finnigan31
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-02-2005, 05:49 PM
Willowwisp are you saying then you have bred white boxers that had no genetic faults?

You keep avoiding the question that may help us understand your ethics in breeding whites.

yvonne
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2005, 06:18 PM
[QUOTE="finnigan31"]Willowwisp are you saying then you have bred white boxers that had no genetic faults?

Don't think anyone could say that as some genetic conditions miss several generations and it can be some years before it is realised that a particular problem can be traced back to a particular dog or dogs.

However it would be interesting to know what conditions are taken into consideration, assuming that is that the dogs are tested for the usual and well known Boxer problems (hips, heart, hearing) and that the ancestry are, as far as can be ascertained, also clear of conditions that are difficult or impossible to test for, such as epilepsy or a tendency to skin problems, what tests are undertaken and how has the screening of the animals used in this breeding program been undertaken.

To breed dogs that are totally clear from all known hereditary and congenital conditions is what we all aim for and if it has been achieved I would love to know what sequence and testing was used to achieve this and for how many generations all progeny has been proven to carry none of the problems that are relative common in the breed, and those that are perhaps unexpected.
willowwisp
New Member!

14-02-2005, 12:37 AM
First of all I read somewhere that this is a friendly forum - I certainly dont think so and I daresay much to everyones relief [I say with much sarcasm] but especially ours, I wont be back after this post. My regret is in answering anyones post in the first place except the one that suggested a club for White Boxers.

However you are all so obsessed with the fact that you dont think we health test our dogs which is a load of cobblers. It is no-ones business what we do or dont do. It is highly unlikely we shall ever meet and even if we did, I wouldnt want anything to do with you.

No doubt you will all have something sneering or jeering to say to this post - at least you wont be ripping someone else to shreds elsewhere in the forum If it wasnt for the fact that there are other friendly forums out there, it would put many off coming to these places, it must be shocking for new members. Some of you are most unpleasant individuals.

Here is something else for you to sneer about

Our testings are - HD, Eyes [Coroneal / PRA], Aortic/subaortic stenosis/ Cardiomyopathy, Skin conditions including any and all sorts of allergies. All our dogs are free from Bloat + malignant tumours. In two older dogs there has been non malignant warts but they have never been in a breeding programme.

Satisfied - I dont think so. Backbite all you like.

Willowwisp.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

14-02-2005, 02:31 AM
This is a friendly forum Even our heated debates section (which I see 18 of your 19 posts are in) is considered 'calm' and well natured compared to most other places

Tbh Willowisp, in a topic such as this one (or indeed any breeder related topic), it is/was a legitimate question asking about what health checks you carry out and what you are doing to turn the odds against those that your chosen path is/may be subject to. I'd have thought you would have at least expected this (knowing the history and current public opinion of the White Boxer yourself).

If you do have access to research (or papers written by someone you know) supporting what you say, surely this would have been better made public? Especially if it could help 'your cause'?

As you'll see, compared to most places on the web, Dogwebbers really are a friendly, open-minded bunch, and if you can prove a point (in a respectful manner), someone here will happily listen...
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >