Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Thing is - carrying on like this might make you very ill ... maybe you could get them to let you go on the grounds of ill-health (with cash)? I understand your dilemma though, wrt future employers.
Exactly! - am filling in application for Lancs CC Graduate Trainee in finance would rather tell them where to shove it than go off sick!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2007, 11:07 PM
Thing is - carrying on like this might make you very ill ... (
Im worried that my mum has battled depression several times and i know on many occassions i have felt myself going down that way - Im very lucky to have O/H he says he is behind me whatever i want to do! so long as mortgage still gets paid!
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2007, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
i would get 6months full pay and six months half - i just dont really want to becouse it may deter future employers having that long off sick.... but no its not worth it!
I can understand that Alex. I certainly wouldn't employ someone who's had that long off sick.

I'd personally take independant advice. From what I can see, you're being harrassed in your work place. Don't let them grind you down hun, you're as good as the rest of them.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2007, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
Exactly! - am filling in application for Lancs CC Graduate Trainee in finance would rather tell them where to shove it than go off sick!
Sounds like you already know what you want to do? Short-term sick and then leave to do your training?
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2007, 11:11 PM
Sounds like you already know what you want to do? Short-term sick and then leave to do your training?
I've got to agree Linda
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2007, 11:13 PM
this is a paid job at Council....training on the job....

I think i shall keep going as long as i can, i have another exam in 29/05/07 would like to get that...

but i have goten to the point where i am anxious as soon as it turns 8.45am as i expect a phone call from work, im scared to read emails incase they call me in for another meeting...
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Hun if you want to keep going and get the training job you have to play the game with them and bide your time. Not ideal but the outcome you want kind of dictates what you can do now.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2007, 11:35 PM
Hun if you want to keep going and get the training job you have to play the game with them and bide your time. Not ideal but the outcome you want kind of dictates what you can do now.
This is why i am sooooo confused
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-04-2007, 11:42 PM
whenever you are in a meeting with them, either one to one or team, take a special diary in with you. When a comment is made, make a note of the time and who said it and make it obvious what you are doing. They will ask you why - say it is for the Tribunal. If it got to a Tribunal they would have to give evidence and your evidence would be used against them. The Tribunal is on your side and they would not be allowed to make clever remarks or anything like that at your expense. They will not want to go there believe me, also make comments about how it will look in the papers as well. These companies all have share holders and these share holders will not want to see their share values lowered by a load of numpties who shouldn't be in charge of a sweeping brush. If you are off sick longer than a week or so HR will come and see you, so best you make a diary now of all the things you can remember and who said what. When HR come and see you show them the diary and say it is for the Tribunal, but start now. The big mistake I made was believing it would all pass over eventually, despite the fact that everyone told me to keep a diary, I didn't, and relied on memory, I got through it in the end though because loads of people stuck by me through it all.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2007, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
whenever you are in a meeting with them, either one to one or team, take a special diary in with you. When a comment is made, make a note of the time and who said it and make it obvious what you are doing. They will ask you why - say it is for the Tribunal. If it got to a Tribunal they would have to give evidence and your evidence would be used against them. The Tribunal is on your side and they would not be allowed to make clever remarks or anything like that at your expense. They will not want to go there believe me, also make comments about how it will look in the papers as well. These companies all have share holders and these share holders will not want to see their share values lowered by a load of numpties who shouldn't be in charge of a sweeping brush. If you are off sick longer than a week or so HR will come and see you, so best you make a diary now of all the things you can remember and who said what. When HR come and see you show them the diary and say it is for the Tribunal, but start now. The big mistake I made was believing it would all pass over eventually, despite the fact that everyone told me to keep a diary, I didn't, and relied on memory, I got through it in the end though because loads of people stuck by me through it all.

Thanks i have already started keeping a diary -problem is they all stick up for each other so if we were in a tribunal my area manger would deny what my district manager said!

thats what is so frustrating.

Plus they can use the fact im below target as their reason for these meeting etc....

Ive already told them im making notes etc - thats when i was told i better have proof!

When it comes to being off sick - HR wont visit its upto to the Area manager!
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »