View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bribiba
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-04-2007, 05:56 PM
Of course your dogs are loved and looked after nobody is disputing that ...I just love a good debate and the best way to get one off the ground is get in first and cause a stir
I confess I was a smoker till 7 years ago and I hate it with a passion. I think when you finaly stop it makes you realise just how much damage it is doing and I think that is why x smokers get on their high-horse about it.
I think you should be allowed places were you can smoke, pubs restaurants etc, other smokers would happily work in there I am sure, I have the right to use places that are non-smoking so why not you in your smoking places.
I do not dispute the fact that your rights have been taken, I have a voice and I can ( and do often ) use it, but animals don't... so for all animals stuck in a car on any journey put that bl**dy cigarette out
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by bribiba View Post
Of course your dogs are loved and looked after nobody is disputing that ...I just love a good debate and the best way to get one off the ground is get in first and cause a stir
I confess I was a smoker till 7 years ago and I hate it with a passion. I think when you finaly stop it makes you realise just how much damage it is doing and I think that is why x smokers get on their high-horse about it.
I think you should be allowed places were you can smoke, pubs restaurants etc, other smokers would happily work in there I am sure, I have the right to use places that are non-smoking so why not you in your smoking places.
I do not dispute the fact that your rights have been taken, I have a voice and I can ( and do often ) use it, but animals don't... so for all animals stuck in a car on any journey put that bl**dy cigarette out
Well said again.... and just to add.. if the governments who have bowed to pressure and banned smoking.. were not such hypocrites.. they'd ban the sale of tobacco products too.. but too much revenue to give up eh....and they would also not have smoking rooms in their parliment buildings... but we can't have them standing outside in the cold having a fag eh, wouldn't be right
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2007, 06:09 PM
:smt019 :smt019 :smt016 :smt016 :smt016 :smt016 :smt019 :smt019
:smt005 :smt005 :smt005
:smt018
tut tut,

how does bill cope? you must have been at the end of your tether at crufts surrounded by all us smokers
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2007, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
Well said again.... and just to add.. if the governments who have bowed to pressure and banned smoking.. were not such hypocrites.. they'd ban the sale of tobacco products too.. but too much revenue to give up eh....and they would also not have smoking rooms in their parliment buildings... but we can't have them standing outside in the cold having a fag eh, wouldn't be right
Well said, the government are the biggest hypocrites of all. Just look at any budget, who do they target the most? The smokers and the drinkers
We are both smokers in our house and yes we both smoke in the house, however, we are considerate smokers. We are not those who dump their ashtrays on the pavement nor do we litter. Cassie is well looked after, gets tons of fresh air and is rareley in the same room with us when we smoke as she chooses to take herself off to our bed at every opportunity. She is never 'confined' to a small place and forced to breathe our smoke.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2007, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
If you find that acceptable then so be it. I don't. I also don't believe people to be true animal lovers if they knowingly partake of a habit, that has no benefits, which results in the deliberate mistreatment of an animal

Becky
i find that comment quite offensive Becky ....just because we smoke dose not mean we agree on animal testing ...nor i expect those who wear prefume and deodorant OH and contact lences do you not realise all these are tested on animals before they come into contact with human skin .....

its fine to have a dig at us smokers we are OK with that but i think the word prespective comes into it
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2007, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Dogs (and other animals) will still be forced to smoke in laboratories around the world no matter how 'considerate' you try to be and will be killed. This is so that you 'the smoker' can smoke and have any diseases caused by smoking treated.
If you find that acceptable then so be it. I don't. I also don't believe people to be true animal lovers if they knowingly partake of a habit, that has no benefits, which results in the deliberate mistreatment of an animal, especially dogs.
My conscience is clear.
Becky
I'm sorry Becky but I also find your above post offensive. You imply that smokers are deliberately mistreat their animals. What's the next step then, remove all animals from smoking households? Would you also stop smokers from having treatment on the NHS? No one is perfect that's why we're human.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2007, 06:35 PM
I think people need to show consideration to their animals if they smoke. Mope, we don't know if there are long term effects,but come on, there probably are.
Sorry...I don't go along with the government should ban them, if smokers think that, they should just give up then they wouldn't be giving the government the revenue they are after.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-04-2007, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I think people need to show consideration to their animals if they smoke. Mope, we don't know if there are long term effects,but come on, there probably are.
Sorry...I don't go along with the government should ban them, if smokers think that, they should just give up then they wouldn't be giving the government the revenue they are after.
But thats the whole point... not all smokers are inconsiderate.. infact most I know are very considerate...

My point about the government is that they want it both ways.. they want to cast out smokers like they are some kind of lepers... but they still want the money... and they still ignore the rules themselves and smoke in confined areas/workplace ie their parliment buildings....
bribiba
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-04-2007, 06:42 PM
Shona...Bill has never smoked in a public place, restuarant someone else's home (even if they smoke)....he knows better, the smoking wouldn't kill him...I would .... no he is a gentleman and respects other people and he adores our dogs (and me) so never smokes in the house, car or van.

Nobody smoked at Cruft's it was banned
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2007, 06:48 PM

Nobody smoked at Cruft's it was banned
not at the doors it wasn;t :smt002 .........
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »