View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2007, 02:27 PM
Sorry to hear you've been having probs, I asked my vet about that too but he said the jags they get they need every year, I'm happy with that cause I'd hate for sommit to go wrong, I would just worry every year.
Hope things turn out better for you.
Kath
Sadly Missed
Female 

07-04-2007, 07:21 PM
I had a talk to my Vet when we moverd about 10 years ago, I said I didn't like the idea of constant vaccinating and he agreed with me and told me that he only did his own dogs every 3 years unless there was parvo about, Lepto only lasts for about 6-9 months anyway I believe. We arranged that if there were any outbreaks of any of the de seases he would give me a call and we could discuss re- vaccination then. , for me this was a most sensible and satisfactory arrangement. Kath
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by Willow View Post
Rang another local vet with a good reputation and queried this and their practise and was told they vaccinate something (cant remember the name) yearly but everything else they do every three years. Lady was very helpful.
Lepto needs to be done yearly, but Parvo, Adeno and Distemper can be done every three years (depending on what vaccine they use)

Originally Posted by thandi View Post
It is possible to get the components separately, because I have done it
I use nosodes in place of 'chemical' vaccs, and was exporting to a friend in the USA who minimally vaccinates and only in line with legal requirements in her State.

We found out which she needed and had used individual vaccs accordingly.

hth
Thandi - do you know where your vet managed to get the individual vaccines from? I had mine titre tested last year and one came back low for Adeno and the other low for Distemper. My vets checked but couldn't seem to get hold of individual vaccines for these two (though they could get Parvo separately) so I had to get the lot done again. My girls is now due again so I will be having her titred again and would be grateful if you could tell me where you get the individual vaccines from.

Many thanks
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2