View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-03-2007, 04:15 PM
Lovely pics Its been ages since you last posted some.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 04:31 PM
Looks like you had a lovely walk out in that sunshine today then Steff, just like me! Jesse is certainly looking good for 11.5, again, same as me with Cassie, although she's suffering for it now I might add, hope Jesse won't tonight. Great pic of Murphy grinning right across his chops there, what a happy dog he is, lovely to see. Is Jesse on Metacam too nowadays? I don't think Cassie would be able to enjoy her walks if she wasn't on that stuff, I swear by it now!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Lovely pictures Stephanie Murph has the sweetest expression
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Looks like you had a lovely walk out in that sunshine today then Steff, just like me! Jesse is certainly looking good for 11.5, again, same as me with Cassie, although she's suffering for it now I might add, hope Jesse won't tonight. Great pic of Murphy grinning right across his chops there, what a happy dog he is, lovely to see. Is Jesse on Metacam too nowadays? I don't think Cassie would be able to enjoy her walks if she wasn't on that stuff, I swear by it now!
Hi Helena

I took Jesse off Metacam once I put her on cortafelx and we havent looked back since, she was on synflex but that seemed to end up having little effect although it did her good for about 3 years but I swear by the cortaflex now. I've also got a bio-flo collar for Murphy and will see how that goes too.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Cortofelx, is that homeopathic then Steph, or did you get it from the vets?? I'm only wondering in case this Metacam ever upsets her stomach which it can, I would need to change over to something else.At the moment, she's been on it about 9 months, and she's doing so well on it, I'm loathe tochange, but I might have to further down the line!
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 01:13 PM
Great pics - beautiful dogs!
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Cortofelx, is that homeopathic then Steph, or did you get it from the vets?? I'm only wondering in case this Metacam ever upsets her stomach which it can, I would need to change over to something else.At the moment, she's been on it about 9 months, and she's doing so well on it, I'm loathe tochange, but I might have to further down the line!
Cortaflex is a joint supplement not an NSAID (like Metecam or Rimadyl) - Cortaflex first came out years ago for horses and now we have canine, Feline and human Cortaflex. Murphy was on Rimadyl (Jesse on Metacam) but once I got him onto Cortaflex I was able to get him off the Rimadyl, he now has a Bio-Flo collar too as his hip are starting to go and I want to keep him off meds for as long as possible (without him being in pain of course)

Cortaflex will:

ease joint pain
restore joint mobility
reduce stiffness
start to repair and rebuild your dog’s cartilage from the day you first give Cortaflex
maintain existing cartilage – stopping deterioration and guarding against injury

Heres the link to one of the many sites you can get cortaflex from - you can also get in to Liquid, tables or granules - I get the really big bottle of liquid and its is meaty tasting so the dogs love it.[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.caninecortaflex.co.uk/6.html

Theres no doubt that it will get to a time that only Metacam or Rimadyl will do the job but Im hoping thats wont be for a while yet

Give Cassie and Georgie mega hugs from me xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Thanks for all that info Steph. I knew I'd heard of it before, from when I had the horse!! We used to buy it in jumbo big tins didn't we, like the castor oil they did too, I remember now.

Well, I'll give it a go then, thanks for the link I will buy some and try her on it. I wonder if I can give both at the same time??? I might then be able to take her off the Metacam. It will do Georgie the world of good coz he's only 7 so it might help him in his old age when he gets there.

Awww, thanks for the hugs, I will pass them on now, they're outside chomping on their bones!xx
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 04:52 PM
Your welcome hun I thought you might remember it once I mentioned it was originally used on the Horses.

Theres no problem in giving them both cortaflex and or Metecam etc - they dont interfere with each other at all.

Do a google search for Cortaflex cause loads of places do it but some are cheaper (& the postage) than others.

xx
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 04:55 PM
Brill pictures, good to see the old girl still has it, she is beautiful, Murphy is very handsome, and you look very proud.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >