View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2007, 04:47 PM
I have two pups and they went through a stage of being a nightmare! But they've calmed down now, but we were at home all day with them! They won't stand a chance if they're not there!!!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-01-2007, 05:26 PM
Sounds like they haven't thought this through properly,I am home most of the time with Ollie and he gets naughty and destructive as pups do.Having had nina to stay for 24 hrs and she was 6 and seeing how Ollie was wound up 7 months and wanting to play with her all the time I know personally for me 2 dogs would be impossible.
I hope you are able to make them see it will be disaster one dog needs constant attention and training so 2 double the work.
Gina&Jaz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-01-2007, 07:20 PM
A friend of a friend got two sibe pups at the same time. Boy and girl. I knew as soon as I heard it would be bad, the woman had never had dogs before and the man hadn't had them since he was a child. They come round my friend's one day and I go to meet them.

Absolutely manic.

Running around the house, didn't stop for a second, bumping into things, sending things flying. The owners had absolutely no control, they weren't listening in the slightest. They were winding each other up and nothing was going to stop them until they decided they were going to.

Explain how they'll need time off work, how the two pups will look to each other and won't listen. If she insists on getting them, at least try and talk her into just getting one. It will still be terrible for the poor thing, but its better than two poor pups.
susanatlasinski
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-01-2007, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by Gina&Jaz View Post
A friend of a friend got two sibe pups at the same time. Boy and girl. I knew as soon as I heard it would be bad, the woman had never had dogs before and the man hadn't had them since he was a child. They come round my friend's one day and I go to meet them.

Absolutely manic.

Running around the house, didn't stop for a second, bumping into things, sending things flying. The owners had absolutely no control, they weren't listening in the slightest. They were winding each other up and nothing was going to stop them until they decided they were going to.

Explain how they'll need time off work, how the two pups will look to each other and won't listen. If she insists on getting them, at least try and talk her into just getting one. It will still be terrible for the poor thing, but its better than two poor pups.
Getting one is not the right thing to do either, Sibes are very pack orientated, a single sibe will live happily with it's human pack but it will become distressed if left for long periods of time alone. They are more likely to be destructive if alone, they often suffer from stress and separation anxiety, I have heard of a few coat chewing due to stress. I don't think that the Sibe is the breed for them until their work schedule changes unless they have a relative or friend that will come in and spend hours with the dog every day.
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 10:27 AM
my OH told her all thats been said on here and i sent the link to the Husky Club, anything to try and put her off.

she has said her OH works shifts so will be able to care for pup for at least half of the day, also the breeder has refused to sell them 2 pups ( thank God).

we're still trying to put her off 1 pup because of their work and told them to get a cat from rescue instead.

i need more horror stories and pictures to nail this home. can you help!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2