Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
sorry but why the hell was a puppy locked in a kennel anyway??? this makes me mad as i collected my eldest dog and her sister from a locked shed where the morons couldn't even find the keys maybe somebody thought it wrong for a young dog to be locked in a kennel
i hope the pup is o.k
Sorry but a Locked shed and a kennel are two totally different things and whether someone thought is was wrong or not does not give them the right to take someone else Pup.
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-01-2007, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
I don't really feel the criticism is needed,
The kennel was padlocked so it was obviously a big one not one of the little ones, it may have been heated, we don't have those details.

They may have a reason for keeping her out in the garden whilst out, and whilst I wouldn't do it, if they thought she was perfectly safe padlocked in in perhaps a secure garden... well put it this way I know a lot of people who keep dogs out in a secure garden with no padlocked kennel whilst they're out.

They obviously didn't indulge the little girl, she'd been saving her own money up for two years and doing chores in order to be allowed to have a dog, more than a lot of people who keep dogs in the house do before they allow their children to have puppies.

This poor little girl and her family are obviously worried about her being left alone and not being fed properly. I really hope someone reports seeing the dog and the appeal prevents someone from buying the pup.

Some people are so evil, I'd never dream of taking someone else's dog.

Even if someone didn't feel the dog was being properly cared for, there are ways of going about it. I don't believe in just taking someone else's pet just because you feel you can give it a better life, you wouldn't just kidnap a child.
Agree completely. It doesn't matter where the dog was kept, indoor or out, that's their choice. To me they don't sound like owners that don't care about the welfare of their dog.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 09:25 PM
How awful,that little girl must be heartbroken.Really hope she gets her pup back and soon.
I agree with Lotties post Excellent!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by Amie View Post
Sorry but a Locked shed and a kennel are two totally different things and whether someone thought is was wrong or not does not give them the right to take someone else Pup.
i would never leave a pup alone outside ,regardless kennel or shed thats all i will say on the matter...pathetic
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 09:30 PM
i would never leave a pup alone outside ,regardless kennel or shed thats all i will say on the matter...pathetic

That's your Choice
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-01-2007, 09:32 PM
I might be wrong but I'm sure there are people on dogsey who use outdoor kennels. Can't see the problem myself, provided they are warm and secure and safe.
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 09:49 PM
i think everyone is allowed to have an opinion!!!!

the poor girl though, thats sad. my kids would be very upset if either of our dogs got lost/stolen/died etc. can't imagine how upset she is. Bless her.
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-01-2007, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
I might be wrong but I'm sure there are people on dogsey who use outdoor kennels. Can't see the problem myself, provided they are warm and secure and safe.
True and some breeders chose to do this too...
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-01-2007, 10:05 PM
What i think after reading the report is, whoever stole the pup spent time busting the lock to take the up, this while being outside and could be seen, so i dont think the pup being in a house would have made all that much difference.

Everyone is intitled to their opinions. I am neither for or against kennels asl long as the pups/dogs are cared for.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-01-2007, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by Tee View Post
True and some breeders chose to do this too...
Yes, Stars breeder kept her dogs outside in kennels and they were better than a lot of houses i have seen, they wanted for nothing.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >