View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-01-2007, 09:28 PM
I agree with you but am thinking that maybe another bitch would then take her place and just suffer the same fate if the owner was able to sell this poor girl for such a large amount.

It might then give them the idea that it is an easy way to make money and thus perpetuate the problem.

I think the amount that is charged for a pup/dog should be regulated so it was no longer seen as an easy way to make money. Responsible breeders who have all the health checks etc done before breeding should be licenced and would then be exempt from a capped charge so still be able to sell their dogs for the prices that they do now.

Joe Public might then think twice about having a litter of pups that they weren't going to make a profit on. Perhaps the capped fee could be in line with the adoption fee that rescues charge.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2007, 09:55 PM
But if she is bought by someone else he'll still have the money to buy another bitch and then there will be two poor dogs out there producing masses of crosses. It could, however, be a lie and he wants to get rid of her because, in view of recent tragic events, he believes he will be able to sell them.
Becky
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-01-2007, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Better than her ending up with someone else who treat her as a breeding machine for money.
Becky
I agree, plus not all Bullmastiffs have easy births better she with someone who cared and knew their stuff (hopefully it wouldn't be too late for the pre-mate jab) rather than with someone who don't care and kept on letting the poor girl have babies
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2007, 11:06 PM
How can she have been mated 7 times and she's only 2? Or was it an orgy???
And how can she be "100% pregnant?" Either she is or she isn't.
Poor thing. I agree that buying her will probably perpetuate the problem... capping prices in general may not work either, as certain breeds will attract buyers who "gazump" to ensure they get one. hence "market forces"

I cannot believe that anyone could put this in print for all to see, obviously proud of it
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2007, 11:10 PM
I am assuming she was "mated" 7 times in the same season.. but this is her first litter?? (if she is!)

What a total scumbag
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2007, 11:38 PM
this is her 8th time pregnant? and the bitch is 2 i think the guy is lying what a moranic fool! Poor baby dog
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-01-2007, 11:44 PM
I think the add means..he has mated her several times with these two different dogs..
Totaly disgusting, can't help thinking what will become of the dam and the puppies...
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2007, 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT View Post
this is her 8th time pregnant? and the bitch is 2 i think the guy is lying what a moranic fool! Poor baby dog
No I think she's been mated 7 times in one season.

Basically he/she doesn't give a sh1t what the pups will look like, as long as there's money to be made.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2007, 11:46 PM
oh sorry rips, he doesnt care and i feel for the dog
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2007, 12:20 AM
poor dog he is selling her pregnant?!

i really dont understand this advert.....it cant be real?!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >