View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2007, 01:54 PM
The thing is, the more you try to tire him physically with extra walk time the more stamina he will get so its a bit of a vicious circle !

The key - I have Collies so you can take this as the voice of experience - is more brain work, *thats* what will tire out an always on the go doglet better than a twenty mile hike

Hiding things for him to find, teaching him to recognise specific items to bring to you, some HTM moves would really get him thinking as well as being physical activity, all sorts of fun orientated possibilities for you to do with him which would have a better chance of him getting tired enough to really relax - a tired out brain is a sleepy brain
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Wonder how it went Luke??
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2007, 04:03 PM
If they are home yet, Luke is probably zonked out on the sofa from the extra walking :smt005
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2007, 04:13 PM
Changing the places you walk helps, new smells tire them out. Are you back yet ???
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-01-2007, 04:33 PM
Do you think we should send out a search party ?
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Hope it went well Luke
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2007, 04:45 PM
I think we should send out a search party D85, you go check out the house just incase they were kidding, I'll check the pubs.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-01-2007, 05:01 PM
Well..we got back in about five minutes ago, i said we were heading out for a few hours!!
Walked lots and lots of fields and footpaths etc...was surprised at how rural the actual 'town' parts of the city is and i've lived here all my life!
Ralph enjoyed himself..nearly drowned in the river because he dived in at a point where the sides were too deep..i had to wade in and drag him out. But bar this was a lovely walk, cold though..but nice to get out. Walked for ni on three hours straight with the break at small cafe we passed on the cusp of the city limits..if we would have gone any further we would have ended up in heart of Warwickshire! Had pork n stuffing batches to warm the cockles, Ralph had one too, and then continued walking.
And guess what?
He's asleep! After being dried off..his head hit the sofa arm and he's out like a light..
One nill to humans!
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2007, 05:10 PM
Well done Luke.....so same again tomorrow then?????
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-01-2007, 05:11 PM
No..tomorrow will be the usual 2 x 1 n 1/2 hour walks over the sowe valley.
think if i was gone for over three hours..twice a day..i would die! And Florrie wouldn't be able to cope with that excersise anyway-only ickle (shes in season atm so didnt come with us)
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >