View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2006, 11:52 AM
I would have had the shed secure if it were me, my guy's are never in the kennel without the padlock on !
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
I would have had the shed secure if it were me, my guy's are never in the kennel without the padlock on !
Two sided coin padlocking the shed / run. Prob worse if its just a shed with no outside accsess, what if there is an emergency, you cant find the key or your not in, I have fire extinguishers on the front each kennel, that said who in there right mind would go into my back garden, open the runs of three adult rotts 2 large males and a female who's bark sounds very intimidating, could you imagine the police attending if my dogs where stolen ! not sure they would believe it,
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2006, 02:18 PM
Thats disgusting, how could they!

I hope the B******s get caught, they should be ashamed of themselves, I think it is terrible people giving puppys as xmas gifts, unless it is pre-arranged with the giving party and the reciever, as far too many dogs get put in shelters every january that were unwanted 'gifts'...

Sadly, even if the thieives get caught, there will be no real punishment at all, our 'legal system' is atrocious!
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2006, 02:40 PM
this is where my guy's reside for a couple of hours a day and as dog theft was on the up in this area recently there is no way they would be there without being secure
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2006, 07:17 PM
I hope the pups are found soon, but I suppose it is highly unlikely I just hope they have gone to good and kind homes.

I also don't agree with judging the breeder for housing the pups outside. My collie came from a farm where he and his littermates were kept in a stall in the barn. They were perfectly happy, comfortable and warm. My GSD came from a breeder who kept the pups in the house during the evening but they were outside in a kennel and run during the day.
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2006, 07:27 PM
They trouble we have we can only comment/judge on what we read in the paper and it sounds like it was a badly written article.
I have been looking on net and it Looks like the Dogs have 11 acres of Land to roam. I gather from what I read that its a bit more than a "Home base kind of shed"(Hopefully).

Hope where ever these little sweethearts are they are Happy and found soon.
staffer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-12-2006, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Sad sign of the times especially for those poor puppies.
Reading it though I don't feel the breeder was irresposible. Many breeders convert sheds into cosy kennels for the dogs and puppies and if they were to become working labs they may have been going to live outside, so breeder may have been getting them used to it while they were together and nowhere did it say the breeder had intended to sell them as xmas presents, perhaps she was being responsible and keeping them till after christmas as she did sound worried they could go as xmas presents.
Also they were 8 weeks old already so she hadn't been in a rush to ship them off to new homes. Irresponsible people would have had them gone at 6 weeks when they become hard work.
Don't think we should judge the breeder on this as honestly we don't know her, but the awful person that stole them, judge away, No excuse for that.
well said ppl are to quick to judge without knowing the full facts
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2006, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by staffer View Post
well said ppl are to quick to judge without knowing the full facts

Maybe the Paper should add the full facts then so we don't judge
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2006, 11:30 PM