View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2006, 06:41 PM
If mine have pigs ears they are usually devoured within 1/2 an hour, except for Alfie (Irish Setter). He puts his on the floor, rolls on it for ages with his legs in the air, then he puts his bottom in the air and rubs his chin all over it, then puts it in his bed and lays on it.

It stays there until someone else spots it and, when he's not looking, its pinched. He also does it with tripe sticks and anything else thats a bit smelly. He doesn't do it with any other treats.
Lady'sman
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-12-2006, 12:24 AM
Things my Lady (Groenendahl Belgian Sheepdog) does to make me smile? The list is so long!

Sge very politely "asks" for a piece of candy.

She averts her face while we are dining to demonstrate that she is not begging.

She occasionally strolls up an bites my hand or shoe. No, not hard - just in fun. Usually "kisses" my hand immediately after.

Usually silent, she barks at me incessantly when she wants to play. (At her 15 yrs and my 80, play is rather subdued now!)

When she licks a dinner plate that has rice on it - which she dislikes - and spills a few grains on the floor, then dutifully picks them up without being told.

When she looks at me asking me to "translate" what she want to Mom.

All of these things and many more put a smile on my face, or make me bust out laughing. She's mighty good medicine!!

And none of this is the result of training. Essentially all her training was by our departed GSD Thor.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2006, 09:59 PM
ben when he gives me the big smile he has,
and when he lays on top of my OH giving him puppy kisses.
and when i wiggle my feet ben will try n bite my feet, its fine when ive got trainers or boots on, but hurts when im wearing sandals.
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2006, 10:28 PM
My misty when you tell him to sit he will sit but he bum burts everytime also when ever he concentrates out they come never any other time + i cant help but laugh he has such a serious look on his face
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-12-2006, 10:36 PM
The noises that Vegas makes in his sleep-he whimpers,cries,howls and barks complete with legs twitching like mad.

Also,cause he has an undershot jaw-sometimes his bottom row of front teeth stick out complete with fangs and he looks like a Scooby Doo style werewolf!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2006, 10:52 PM
Isla talks - constantly!

If she needs to go out, she lets you know!

If she wants a toy, but can't reach it she lets you know!

If she thinks Woody and Pickles have had more turkey than her and that she feels it is grossly unfair - she lets you know!

It's great I've never had such a vocal dog and I'm lovin' it!

With Woody it has to be his desperation for food of every kind and yet the desperate need to face the wall while we're sat at the table with an occasional, frantic glance everytime it sounds remotely like a knife and fork going down!

With Pickles, God where do I start! Stupid is Pickles' middle name, so I spend most of my time laughing at him. but tonight he surpassed himself!

Stood just behind him on our off lead walk round the village I glance back to notice Woody is doing a number Two! So I turn to Pickles and say "Wait" so that I can clean up after Woody whilst Pickles stays in the same place.

What does he do? Proceeds to try and crawl underneath the car he's stood next to!!!!!!! I just to say grabbed him in time before he got all the way in.

Now I can honestly say I have NEVER trained him to crawl underneath a car!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2006, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post

Also,cause he has an undershot jaw-sometimes his bottom row of front teeth stick out complete with fangs and he looks like a Scooby Doo style werewolf!
This just reminded me of something an family dog once did which really made us smile. Max, came into my bedroom one morning looking really pleased with himself and he really was smiling. In fact, his smile didn't look quite dog like & when I took a closer look I realised he had pinched my Mum's false teeth and the way he was carrying them made them look as if they were his own!
ozmutt
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-12-2006, 10:45 PM
I've noticed that if I ignore my girl for what she deems to be a long time, she will grab her tail - lift her rear end off the ground and cart herself off to "her" chair, where she will quite deliberately lift her rear end up into the chair!

It always makes me laugh.

She's a very active dog/puppy. Doesn't like to be left alone doing nothing - she's worked out that I will also become more active if she does this.

She's way too smart!!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2007, 07:00 PM
If Ozzy feels ignored he has a little tantrum and dives on my fireside rug and rags it as he knows I hate him doing it! He also does three little stomping bounces with his front paws while barking, spoiled brat! Always makes me smile even if it is behind my hand as he musn't know I find him funny!!
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2007, 07:28 PM
Where do i start...... they are all bonkers..
Suki does this standing up thing, where she lifts her front paws and rests them on my legs (she puts no weight at all on me) she then stretchs out as far as her chubby little body will let her all the while wagging her bum. she reminds me of those little girls in pink ballet outfits doing warm-ups. she won't do this to anyone else but me. i just love it.

Diggory is a noise box!!!!! we laugh and say he has Tourettes, he rarely shuts up and is often found wandering around the house talking to him self...... and if you stop him and ask him something, he'll always answer and then wander off mumbling to himself again. daft thing.....

Molly has very large eyes and if feeling left out or in need of extra attention, she will do the "RSPCA poster child look"
where she looks as if no-one loves her. if she then gets her needed attention she will then run around the room at top speed barking and wiggling.

Gracie plays "footsies" she always starts the game, and only if we are shoeless. she will sit in front of normaly O/H and nip his toes untill he "stamps" on her feet. when she feels he has "won" enough times she will then tuck her feet under her chest and continue to nip at his toes. if he refuses to play she will back up (feet still tucked under) barking at him and nipping everytime he comes near.... very funny to watch..... the other dogs don't get it and their faces are always a picture to watch as she plays this game.
She also gets onto the bed in the night when O/H gets up to the loo (he's at that age now) and curls up on his pillow she fakes deep sleep on his return and has to be lifted off and put back into her basket.

Maggie just makes me smile full stop! she is sweet and loving never asks for or demains anything, she is so easy going. the others remove the toys she collects and she snecks up later when they aren't watching and takes them back. you can be sat on the sofa alone one minute and the next without noticing she is beside you sound asleep.

i've really enjoyed reading what everyone elses dogs get upto, they all sound as daft as mine.........thank god
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >