View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2006, 01:21 PM
Agree with all of your comments. So many people get along fine with head collars but we have tried the majority of them and there is no way they were going to work for us. Halti, Canny, Stop/Pull harness, etc etc! After spending a small fortune, we've gone back to the free, although rather time consuming option. LOL
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-12-2006, 01:39 PM
my 2 have realised that unless their dogmatics go on there is absolutely no chance of getting their walk so they have come to terms with them. They still try to claw them off sometimes but I just shout NO and they look guilty and stop.
Heldengebroed
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-12-2006, 01:41 PM
What happend with oldfasionned training and controle. Got 2 malinois and i take them on walks without problems. The older one is always lose and when ordered at my side. The young one is still a pup so when cars/bikes/perons or dogs appear he is on leash but he won't pull.

Greetings

Johan
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-12-2006, 01:48 PM
I am doing the training with them, but until I am 100% sure that they won't drag me or pull me I am keeping the dogmatics on. I use them as a secondary lead, they are on normal half checks and leads and I keep the lead attached to the dogmatic around each wrist, so if they do get over the top the dogmatic checks them. To me it is a safety thing. I go to dog training every week with them and train individually as often as I can.
awleics
New Member!
Female 

05-12-2006, 10:28 AM
I've tried the Halti on my new dog, just had her two weeks, she hates it. Can anybody recommend the best anti-pulling harness to try until I've mastered the training. Also what do people think is the best way to train a 3 year old dog to walk to heel, or at least not pull on the lead?
Thanks
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2006, 10:46 AM
Thanks for all the comments guys, still debating, Kain is beautiful walking, Inka thinks he should be the leader all the time so he is more prone to pull, when I turn and go in the other direction they love that and are so happy to follow, maybe should work on that with them all during our walk and not just for the pulling, I'm not looking forward to letting them off the leads, theyv'e been on the lead since Inka fractured his toe and I'm fightened they will have forgot all the hard work we put in in the beginning to make sure they follow.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2