Female 

21-11-2006, 06:52 AM
Sorry to hear this Trish. Hugs hon xox
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2006, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the support everyone. xx

I was OK with the diagnosis yesterday, but this morning started to feel angry, sad and a bit sorry for myself. Got a bit snappy at work, shouldn't have though.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2006, 03:29 PM
hiya trish
my mum has this and it makes her fingers go white and numb in the cold. Best advice - what Laura has advised is good t- the heat things in your pockets - especially with you being playground attendant at school - very beneficial then - If you drive also worth getting a fluffy warm steering wheel cover as these things can make a big difference as they man made materials dont tend to keep your hands from chilling and keeping them in the same position for too long doesnt help.

you might also find holding hollie's lead in winter painful - so if you can get yourself sheepskin lined gloves that would be helpful too.

hope that helps -its what my mum does
dani
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2006, 04:30 PM
I was told when I was about 11 I have Raynaud's, it doesnt effect me too much I get pins and needles alot mainly in my feet, my mum used to be expert at massaging them away OH isnt as good but he tries lol, I wear two pairs of socks in the winter and my feet are still numb as everyone else has said staying warm is the key! Warm socks gloves, etc I also find im a total fidget cause of it I cant sit in one position for long without getting pins and needles so am constanly fidgetting, drives my OH mad! Something that helps me but is quite mad if you dont like cold, when having a shower I turn water cold then back warm then cold again gets the circulation going but I like a cold shower so im a bit odd! lol Glad its not arthritis!
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2006, 06:26 PM
Thankyou Dani and Hannah. I have some new suede gloves which are the best gloves I have ever had for keeping my hands warm and being comfortable, and I do drive with them on now. I have also recently bought some thick slipper socks as I realised the other week keeping my feet warm minimised the pins and needles.
SarahJ
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-11-2006, 06:58 PM
I got diagnosed with it 2 years ago its a really annoying at times especially when you need to do delicate things like sewing or even typing! We keep the heating on low and i wrap up well outside!
Huge hugs
Sarah x
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2