Our sister sites
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2006, 11:00 PM
oh wow thanks i just found a few more ill look at it now!!

:grin
:
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2006, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by knottybabe View Post
hiya!

but i went on the battsea dogs home website and they had a lot of crosses, and i thought if i did get a rescue dog, i wonder what personailty it would take after......! just thinking about it really!!

Its great that you are thinking about it
Hopefully what I wrote about rescues, [ all the good ones that is ] being able to assess crossbreeds well, through experience, might be useful while you are deliberating :smt001

what about northern inuits though? there a alaskan malamutes with siberian husky and german shepherds!! thats alot of dogs in one....!??
Certainly is a lot of dogs in one, but there are lots of Heinz`s out there with far more in the mix

Some of the best dogs I`ve known for general good temperament have been multiple breed Heinz`s in terms of their ancestry, possibly because there was so much dilution of traits as to not have any particularly problematic or dominating genes. I do think that such dogs, from a good rescue who know their stuff, are often the best dogs for first time owners, generally speaking :smt001
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2