Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2004, 03:41 PM
Oh darn it!! If you don't like Corgis then you don't like Valls

I don't like Shar Peis, was bitten twice by one. And even then, its nothing to do with the breed, cause I'm sure there are plenty of nice ones out there. That one had some mental problems.
mr.leo
Dogsey Senior

12-12-2004, 03:43 PM
As the others have said this could heated very quickly and disrupt the harmony of the board.

Because I think as soon as you say that you don't like a particular breed it will go into explaining why.

Some ppl don't like different breeds just down to their size or the way that they look there are always bad examples of all breeds and unfortunately ppl meet these and that puts them off that particular breed just cause of that instance and won't give another dog of the same breed a chance cause of the bad one that they experienced before sad I know but it goes on.

It's hard to over come some childhood experiances that have happened with certain breeds and thats why some ppl dislike them.
kirstie b
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-12-2004, 04:28 PM
I try to see the good in all breeds and I can't think of any that I simply do not like, there are many breeds that I would not own due to the fact that they wouldn't fit in with my lifestyle and family,
But I can usually see what appeals to others in them, and can admire their qualities. I love JRT's they're often horrid and bolshy but I really admire that spark and always have a chuckle as they go past snarling and carrying on at my 2 . I would never own a Lasa but I think they're very pretty and the males in particular are very proud I think it would be quite narrow minded to tarnish a whole breed because of an unpleasant encounter with a few
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2004, 04:32 PM
exactly!!
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2004, 04:36 PM
Sorry I aint gonna answer on this one....

But I will say, that before I joined here, I was a bit scared of staffies.

Dogweb have helped me on that point, after seeing all your cutiepies and heard your stories, I'm no longer scared!
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2004, 04:38 PM
Admire Rotties and Dobes and GSDs but can't picture myself with one.
Quite like poodles, Yorkies, etc etc but ditto.

But never say never. Couldn't have imagined us with a lurcher - last time, after many visits to Blue Cross that's what we came away with, had 8 happy years. May go lurcher rescue again in the future

Personality more important than name on pedigree chart!
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2004, 04:41 PM
I like all breeds. Although I have a preference for large and giant breeds, I can't honestly say that I dislike the rest because of that.

There's good and bad in every breed of dog, the same as there is in people
liverdottie
Dogsey Junior

12-12-2004, 04:47 PM
i like all dogs...but the jack russell/parson russell(i think) scare me..from a bad experience..even though the nice ones are cute
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-12-2004, 05:28 PM
I like all dogs, i dislike Alsations... they look to me as they are one dog that cannot be trusted, especially my mothers. (bloody thing)
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2004, 05:36 PM
Like J I never really liked the smaller breeds eg Cavaliers, yorkies, border terriers but after seeing piccies and getting to understand the breeds more through general chatting with owner's here on Dogweb I'm getting to quite like the smaller breeds, however I wouldn't personally own one but that's just me
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »