Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2006, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
It won't be a genie sim card then

I agree Foxy - just ignore the calls!
If it's one of your friends, surely their name would come up cos it's in your phone book
I have just asked her and she says it says 'unknown number' which seems a bit funny because she says that she thinks they could be withholding the number by putting 141 in before dialing her number but withheld numbers come up with 'Withheld number' doesn't it
Tom
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-10-2006, 01:14 PM
Foxy i think it comes up either, it just depends what phone you have some say unknown number or some say Withheld number or some say the caller has withhelded their numbeer but they all mean the same x
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Foxy i think it comes up either, it just depends what phone you have some say unknown number or some say Withheld number or some say the caller has withhelded their numbeer but they all mean the same x
Oh right Tom thanks for explaining
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2006, 05:20 PM
With held and unknown are different.

With held is just that - it's been with held.
Unknown is generally unknown - a number thats not listed (x-directory), or from abroad etc.
Adele4dan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-10-2006, 05:24 PM
I had a problem with these sort of calls about 3 yrs ago, I went through everything to try to stop them, But my network provider were not interested unless I had filed a police report. I dont know if this has changed now, but I just ended up changing my number!
Tom
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-10-2006, 05:26 PM
On my phone my step dad has withhelded his number and on my phone it says unknown and on my mums phone it says withheld

Tom
Lozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2006, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
On my phone my step dad has withhelded his number and on my phone it says unknown and on my mums phone it says withheld

Tom
Yeah thats true. Its just certain phones which say either withheld or unknown. Im sure its just one of my mates who clearly knows the 141 technique.Its just annoying cause i really want to find out who it is
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2006, 06:47 PM
I would still answer it, then walk away, leave them connected and let them waste their money, they will soon get fed up!
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2006, 06:54 PM
when tyou have answered how long do you wait b4 hanging up
Lozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2006, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
I would still answer it, then walk away, leave them connected and let them waste their money, they will soon get fed up!
Yeah thats what ive started doing,they phoned me the ova night when i was brushing my teeth in the bathroom and i heard my phone ringing so i answered it and then threw my phone on my bed and when i came back they was still there I just think its really sad to be honest

x
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >