View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2006, 04:35 PM
Seriously though, I do understand your concern Hannah, I am also going to have to leave the evening walkies untill my hubby is back from work, it is a shame becuase you cant be safe in the dark anymore, just try to stick to brightly lit areas and places where there are people coming and going.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2006, 04:46 PM
I have the same problem every winter Hannah, and sometimes the dogs only end up getting out once a day for a big run.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2006, 06:21 PM
I have to walk early morning so its a nightmare now as its so dark. At least when the clocks go back it will be getting light then for a while.
I walk again late morning and then the 3 days I am at work till after dark they have to suffer without a 3rd walk the other 4 days I go out just before dark.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2006, 06:28 PM
I think it's a silly idea - what other country changes the clocks?
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2006, 06:44 PM
Makes no difference to me My little JR just loves chasing her ball round my garden and in the house for hours. We seldom go outside of my property after 5 even in summer because of all the idiots around where I live. We walk early morning and lunch times- stay in the garden evenings. Weekends are different
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2006, 08:59 PM
I for one will be pleased. I walk my lot very early in the morning, and at night, when it's dark, my 6' 17 stone husband does it......
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2006, 09:17 PM
I'm so lucky I can take Willow out during the day, usually after 9am for her big walk of the day, then a shorter walk in the afternoon.

I pity anyone, especially woman that have to wait till after work to go out in the dark to walk.

I just don't get the point of changing the clocks at all.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2006, 11:43 PM
Starting at work at 7:30 means I have been stumbling around in the dark for quite a few weeks on a morning. It is a pain, but that's life. It would get dark eventually whether the clocks changed or not. Guess I'm lucky that I can give mine a decent walk when I get home from work finishing at 3!

Perhaps have a longer walk in the morning instead to compensate? That's what I always do when the evenings begin to draw in.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2006, 07:25 AM
Is it tonight the clocks go back?
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2006, 07:50 AM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Is it tonight the clocks go back?
Hevvur yes i think it is tonight...

I'm looking forward to the dark walks... i'm i a little odd? maybe..... but i look forward to putting the little flashing lights on my dogs collars and watching them run around the park like mini police cars. it's fun trying to work out which dog is which flashing light.
must say though i do keep one dog (different each night) on a long lead and i walk with a stick (mainly for my knee, but i'd use it to protect myself if needed) if one of my girls is on the lead the others tend to stay closer to me than if they are all off. some times in the summer i look like i'm out on my own. i do wish that there were more lights on our parks car park as it is very dark in places.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >