View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2006, 01:29 PM
we dont *do* half term - because we home educate!

although I spose you could say we spend your half term waiting for schooled children to go back to school

seriously though - enjoy your time with your children, they grow up all too quickly.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2006, 02:01 PM
i've toyed with home educating at points...
Don't think i could do it if I have to maintain this level of business!!! Hard enough after the summer hols, only just recovered!!!
I am looking forward to him having a lie in!!!!
Swimming is going really well ta inca...he loves it, not brilliant but he hasn't been having lessons for long, we've always taken him swimming, but nothing 'formal' only a week in the summer and a few lessons on a Saturday since Sept...almost swam a width today doing a proper front crawl so the lessons are good!!!!! As long as he enjoys it!!!!
(I'm knackered though!)
I've been thrown out of the kitchen for interfering as him and OH are building a cardboard tardis...!!!!!
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2006, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by Ailsa1 View Post
I've been thrown out of the kitchen for interfering as him and OH are building a cardboard tardis...!!!!!
Flippin' primary teachers - can't keep their hands off the scissors and glue

The school where my sister teaches has a 2-week half-term this term. I'm sure the parents are petrified, but she's rather pleased about, especially as she's moving house next week
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2006, 02:34 PM
as we are in wales we are not on half term till next week
and then i will be getting two new birds to keep me busy
sambo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-10-2006, 02:50 PM
Well i've sent my daughter swimming with her cousin whilst i try and entertain my 13 year old son as his mate is in wales and his bloody x-box has broke so it looks like i'm going to have a rough week think i might just move out for a week lol.

Don't want to think about the next few days without an xbox
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by duboing View Post
Flippin' primary teachers - can't keep their hands off the scissors and glue

The school where my sister teaches has a 2-week half-term this term. I'm sure the parents are petrified, but she's rather pleased about, especially as she's moving house next week
Strange...that's just what my OH said!!!!!!!!!

My son has 2 weeks at May half term...it's brill as we can get a cheap cottage in the second week! Hoorah!!!
pennym
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-10-2006, 11:03 PM
i'm now on my half term-down side to living in wales- get everything a week later

But on monday i'm going to london, wont be back til wednesday- going the the NTA'S (national tv awards) and going to meet up with a friend i've had for 3yrs but never met her, so that will be cool, then have thursday to chill and friday sat and sun to finish or start this topic we were given- wish a week off would mean a week OFF- ie no work.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2006, 08:06 AM
oh and don,t forget Penny you are coming to see your mate who you talk to everyday in college over the half term
pennym
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-10-2006, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by jackiew View Post
oh and don,t forget Penny you are coming to see your mate who you talk to everyday in college over the half term
yep think that will be 'my chill day' but what ever is best for her is fine.
getting excited now, gotta pack though :O aint started yet lol
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2006, 09:36 PM
cool - i'm proud of you guys, you've done so much with your children this week!
sadly i have been working all week, my kids have been to a holiday club at the local leisure centre which they've enjoied. they do loads of activities etc. we have been swimming and shopping today though and are off to london to see my breeder and to see my parents tomorrow as well.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >