View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2006, 06:25 PM
I'm sure the puppies are lovely - have you ever met a puppy that wasn't? But what's wrong with a poodle? Or a labrador? Or any old mutt from the pound if you want a crossbreed? All dogs are unique and wonderful, but why pay through the nose for one that hasn't been carefully bred from health-tested lines?
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-10-2006, 06:48 PM
Hi Luke
I am not that surprised to be honest, quite a lot of X breeds are commanding more money than pure breeds..I tend to look at Chihuahua adverts and am always amazed at the prices for a Chi X breeds You could cross a chi with anything and it would seem that people will buy it!!!!! I Have to agree that its mad though!

Rachel
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2006, 08:39 PM
Why are you complaining Luke? I paid £400 for a Cairn Terrier cross Yorkie!! (Breeze )
Dawn.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-10-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
It dont suprise me Luke.A bloke nearby who had his Dogge de Bordeaux/Bullmastiff cross mated with a Bullmastiff recons he can get £850 for each puppy!!!

I havent a clue if this is the going rate,but surely the puppys are mongrels as the mother is a cross to start with??? Im not critising mongrels or crosses in any way,but like the Labradoodle-its not pure blood.

I must add though that i would never pay that sort of money for a dog no matter what its breed was-too many unwanted dogs already in rescue needing a good home.
Thats very doubtful when you an get a well bred Bullmastiff for pretty much the same price, although I feel some people would pay it, taking into account how much pure bred DDB's cost.

I seen Labradoodles advertised for the first time in one of our local papers tonight, although they are not being advertised anywhere near the cost of £900.
staffer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-10-2006, 10:33 PM
yes true its a very high price but if i wanted something very badly i would pay and other ppl would pay for what they want ,if they want a cross breed for that price and its a breed for them they will allways pay
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2006, 11:15 PM
you'd have to be mad to pay that I still class them as cross breeds. I'm having a litter with my Welshie bitch sch on all sides be lucky to get £600
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-10-2006, 06:50 AM
There is no way i would pay that much for a mix breed dog.

These owners get very annoyed when you call their dogs mongrels and xbreeds (like my OH i'm a bit more tact full than him) they come back at you with "they are a designer dog"
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2006, 07:14 AM
Originally Posted by staffer View Post
yes true its a very high price but if i wanted something very badly i would pay and other ppl would pay for what they want ,if they want a cross breed for that price and its a breed for them they will allways pay
I agree-everyone has a choice- no-one forces anyone to pay a certain amount for anything.If I wanted a certain type of dog badly enough I would pay whatever I had to crossbreed or not
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2006, 07:26 AM
i guess everyone to their own ...personally i wouldn't pay it
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2006, 07:38 AM
this just shows how people buy on impulse and accept any price.
the GP are so thick.

it makes me so mad that these so called breeders are conning people.

ITS A MUTT for gods sake (lovable as pups are).
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >