View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-12-2004, 08:47 PM
If it is motion sickness a ginger biscuit before setting out can help. Also, I have heard that putting newspaper under the dog in the car solves the problem. I have no idea why that should work but I know of several people that swear by it.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2004, 09:17 PM
SB you are right there with the ginger biscuit. My sister used to be a terrible traveller and my Mom always gave her a ginger biscuit - it works honestly well with people anyhow .
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2004, 11:02 PM
I used to get really bad travel sickness when I was a kid ,thankfully I grew out of it
Anyway Kira had travel sickness for the first time tonight going to the shops about 5 miles away ,she was slabbering everywhere then on the way back she was the same and just before we got back she was sick in the car
Before she has always been fine in the car ,when she was old enough to come home with me I had to pick her up from her breeder in England 100's of miles away and she was great on the way back and she has been in the car quite a few times since then with no probs ,I just hope tonight was a one off ,maybe her tummy is still a little bit sensitive from Tuesday when she seemed to have a tummy bug?
Anyway if it happens again I might try a ginger biscuit its worth a try anyway
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2004, 11:11 PM
sorry my pc was having probs and made the post twice so just deleted the double
jayne
Dogsey Senior

03-12-2004, 11:12 PM
i know diff things work for diff people but heres one that worked for 1 ov mine...lol...you will think eh...double dutch ...but belive me it worked... pete...put cody in his cage to travel...buy him a sterilised bone or large type raw hide cigar...only give him theese wen travelling so its something new to him..not something he has every day at home...he will be too bizzy chewing and concentrating on what he has to even realize hes travelling...and before you know it hey presto your at the training class and no sick ... ... oh and prob best you feed himhis tea after training not before... hopefully this will work for you...keep us posted...jayne
Dreamon
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-12-2004, 07:24 AM
Try buildind him up slowly in the car over a period of about a week, start by just having the car door open and letting Cody just have a sniff around,give a reward and leave the car, next day just sit in the car and turn on the engine for a couple of minutes, reward Cody and then leave the car, next day just a drive around the block, reward and out of the car and go further and further over the week, you could also try feeding Cody in the car to associate the car with good things (not just before or whilst travelling though )

HTH and good luck
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2004, 11:18 AM
Storm gets travel sick

I've tried everything, building the car journey's up, putting down newspaper, ginger bicuits and nothing seems to work. The only thing I haven't tried is rescue remedy.

If you find something that works Pete, I'd be interested in it too.

Haven't tried the chew yet Jayne
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2004, 06:20 PM
We found when Mollie travels facing side ways or backwards she is very sick but if we can get her to face forwards she is ok. Also she travels better in the back of an estate than on the back seat.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2