View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2006, 11:23 AM
I was originally going to call our CKCS "Lilly-May" - Lilly after my nan and May because we got her in May. But my cousin's girlfriend had a baby girl just before we went to view our pup and they called her Lilly after our nan. So I called her Poppy - after my grandad who we used to call "Pop". On reflection, I think it suits her best.
Tigger2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2006, 12:27 PM
Tigger 'cos he bounces and thats what Tiggers do best-just like the Winnie the Pooh song.
Y'know with him being a Springer and all...

Course now he gets allsorts of variations on the theme, Tigsy Wigsy, Tigs, Tigsy, Tigger the Digger, the Tigster, and worst of all by my OH, Stig! After stig of the dump-poor tigger even respond to it as it sounds so similar to Tig.

I like the story behind Jakes name Ian.
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2006, 12:45 PM
Cali got her name after my primary school as it was called Caledonian primary.
Kwame got his name because it means born on a Saturday in African and I liked the name.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

24-09-2006, 12:52 PM
Me again I only told you about Rye and Pellow.
Ludmilla my oldie is after the Russian Gymnast as when I was pregnant with my daughter the Olympic Games were taking place and my hudband said if its a girl she was to be called either Ludmilla or Olga well he did not get his way that time so when the girl borzoi puppy came along I gave in and let him call her Ludmilla (as the borzoi is a russian breed) Brodie my little oldie Dachie was called Brodie after the Prime of Miss Jean Brodie as he is a little cream boy and I had hoped to have him registered as Poliard Creme de la creme as Miss Brodie said her girls were. Unfortunateky the KC did not let us have that name but he suited Brodie so well we decided to keep him as that and last but not leasy our little Faun so called because when she was a puppy she reminded me so much of a little Faun.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 01:20 PM
One of my Cavaliers was named Chocky by my daughter. So named because being a tricolour she said he was made of white chocolate, milk chocolate and dark chocolate .

The first bitch we ever owned many moons ago my hubby named Barbie after his mother who could also be a bitch .

Milo who we have now got his name as we didn't want anoth eeee sounding end of name and we thought it cute and poor Shady was named by my daughter after her fave group eminem (slim Shady)
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 01:31 PM
Tonto is named after the JRT in the old John Smiths Bitter adverts....

and Inca was a name I picked as soon as we knew we wanted an Inuit. It seemed to suit the breed. She was called Sacha when we got her but we used to have a German Shepherd called that, so new home, new name, and now she is our Inky Binks!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-09-2006, 03:12 PM
Mine had been into the rescue centre twice before i got him so had been given 2 names from seperate 2 owners (Rocky then Deefa).He wouldnt achknowledge either so it best to start a fresh and cause he has such an outgoing personality-only Vegas would do!
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 03:37 PM
All my life I had wanted a female Jack Russell and the name I had sorta planned on was Minnie. When I found her at 36 hours old she was the runt of the litter and wasnt feeding so things looked bleak for a few days....Minnie seemed like the perfect name for the tiniest one so I think it was fate- she was meant to be mine
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

24-09-2006, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by Zetacharlie View Post
All my life I had wanted a female Jack Russell and the name I had sorta planned on was Minnie. When I found her at 36 hours old she was the runt of the litter and wasnt feeding so things looked bleak for a few days....Minnie seemed like the perfect name for the tiniest one so I think it was fate- she was meant to be mine
Hi Kath What a nice story of how Minnie got her name.
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 04:33 PM
Thank you Eunice Minnie is a real treasure in a small package- shes asleep on the settee right now stretched out alongside my leg- shes not so tiny any more
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >