View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-09-2006, 02:36 PM
The sad thing is that I'm not in the least bit shocked any more. It seems that for any act an individual wants to use to pamper their own vanity and ego, there's at least one unscrupulous and devoid of any moral fibre whatsoever, individual who will oblige, for a fee of course...
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 03:27 PM
I never watched it, and from what I've read here, I'm glad I didn't

We choose to have palstic surgery, but those poor dogs didn't have a choice, all because of the vanity of thier owners

The U.S will do anything to make a buck or two. The Vets who perform these operations should be strung up How can they take an oath to help animals, when they take peoples money to un-necessarily mutilate the poor things

Thankfully this type of mutilation is banned in the UK
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 03:32 PM
And this is on tv in the name of entertainment?
I didn't see it and glad I didn't.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 03:41 PM
it was horrific. my mum was shocked and appalled and shes not exactly an animal lover.
i was upset to see them all, i could understand the bulldog and rabbit-fot its welfare (hence why they called it 'plastic' not cosmetic' surgery on the prog) but whe gorgeous puppies mutilated!!! and the dachund...i cried when i heard its hoarse voice. its been denied its right to a voice and it was celebrated! and those poor kittens!!!
the whole thing made me so angry, but i couldnt turn over...i prefer to know what happens then try to pretend its doesnt.
i hope nothing like that spreads over here, im glad most of those 'precedures' are illegal here!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 05:57 PM
Yes, I saw this programme.

I thought it was unfair to include the two British owners as theirs was surgery for a reason. The bulldog was blinded by a roll of skin and the rabbit had developed a sort of double chin after having babies. Their owners loved them, that woman had to clean the rabbits bottom everyday because the rabbit was unable to do it for itself until the op.

As for the Americans..... well those poor pit bull pups having their ears chopped off so technically with scissors! Then the owner saying weeks later how it was all worth it as one got 2nd place in the show ring because of it.... yeah, 2nd place out of 3!
.... and those kittens cleaning their paws after their 'fingertips' were gone because they remove bone as well as claw.

Awful
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-09-2006, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by beckyc View Post
As for the Americans..... well those poor pit bull pups having their ears chopped off so technically with scissors! Then the owner saying weeks later how it was all worth it as one got 2nd place in the show ring because of it.... yeah, 2nd place out of 3!
.... and those kittens cleaning their paws after their 'fingertips' were gone because they remove bone as well as claw.
Wow. So it really was as pointless and disgusting as I'd imagined then.

Sure, I can understand when it's corrective surgery, but for just appeasing the owner, that's way too far. Pretty glad I didn't see it now, as that sort of behaviour really winds me up.
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 08:12 PM
I didnt see it as I cant pick up 5! I am glad though, from the posts I have seen I would have been fuming!!!
Humans amaze me sometimes! I also think Wolfie had a good point about the ethics of the vets that do the operations!! In my opinion the only thing they seemed to care about was ££££££££££££!!
Good job I didnt see it, this post would have been a long ranting one!!
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-09-2006, 09:54 PM
Crazy... bad enough they do that stuff to themselves.. but to their animals.... they need jail time not air time
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 10:48 PM
I am so glad i did not see this. I don't understand why people bother to have dogs if all they want to do is change them into something completely different
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-09-2006, 08:12 PM
So Glad I didn't see .. it sounds like an absolute disgrace, legalised abuse..to pander to human vanity
Rachel
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2