View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
stonedagen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-11-2004, 05:32 PM
The problem is with mos professions dealing with vunerable people such as in school or caring etc...there are usually 3 types of ppl

1) those who genuinly want to do it
2)those who do it just for a wage
3) those ppl who do it for a power trip!!!!

And for the later reason alone, i dont think corporal punishment should be brought back, although i do think teachers should have more power to interviene maybe with some sort of incentive scheme.....what i dont know but violence isnt the answer, and besides in some of the interstate school you could imagine a pupil giving a teacher a right leathering if they belted them etc!!
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2004, 05:50 PM
i think something needs to be done. not necessarily physical punishment, but kids nowadays are getting really bad and unfortunetly it doesnt seem parents are punishing like they shud. ie- kids arent scared of the consequences.

maybe something added to detention.. so they have to stay for longer than an hour after school, picking off chewing gum from chairs, cleaning off graffiti etc. we used to have to do litter picking at my school, although we didnt care so contined to be naughty as such.
i think maybe somethin like the cane shud be brought back, it wud certainly help put certain youths in their places and be more respectful of others and property. but it shud only be used under certain cercumstances.

And if a teacher is gonna mis use this 'power' then the kids best not be naughty!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2004, 05:56 PM
I was hit at school once, I was 4 years old, and in reception class!
The teacher smacked me on my bottom, and my mum went in and played hell! All I did was scribble on a piece of paper - I was 4 years old!! (i'm 21 now, so not *that* long ago!)

My friend is training to be a teacher, and training teachers take a lot of stick from the kids! He's 20, and obviously they can't hit the kids, so he 'humiliates' them instead.
It's always worked for him! He gets them to stand on a chair at the front of the class, and repeat what they have said, and usually everyone laughs at them, so they are humiliated!

Since he's done that, a lot of the kids have been better behaved!
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2004, 06:18 PM
ah yes humiliating them! brilliant

that wud definetely work on alot of kids
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

27-11-2004, 08:01 PM
I think its dreadful! I wouldn't let anyone else disipline my kids.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2