View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2004, 10:17 AM
Where the f*ck were the neighbours then? Friends, visitors? Didn't ANYONE notice anything?

How the hell was this allowed to go on under the noses of everyone?

doG, this sort of stuff makes me sooooooo angry
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2004, 10:31 AM
I visit another forum, and theres a guy on there who lives very close to where this has happened, and he said he's not at all surprised.
He said the area/estate they lived on, you can expect somthing like this to happen.

Also, the parents must not be all there - the police said the smell was awful, so how could they live in a house, when as soon as you open the door, the smell hits you!

They are deffinately not normal people.
Also, apparently, the health visitor was turned down, they wouldn't let her in - so why didn't she do something?!
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2004, 10:45 AM
I saw this on the news last night and apparently they had only lived here for 6 months. A neighbour was interviewed and she said that she had been asked to babysit once and after seein the state of the children she had tried to contact social services but hadn,t been able to get through she was in tears. This made me cry
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2004, 11:14 AM
We had a woman living in a flat 3 along from us sometime ago we called the social services 3 times and were told it was a happy household they could find no wrong doing. It was only when we called the police at 4 am one morning when we found her youngest son (6 months old) in a pram in the garden with frost on his covers that anything was done. He and his sister were taken into care but I saw her a few weeks ago and she appears to have a new baby - why do we allow people who do these sorts of things to go an and have more children ?
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2004, 11:18 AM
we had a family near us like this a few years ago ..i have to say the neighbours caught on quickly and the kids were taken into care.... I was told the mum had another child a year later and that baby was taken from her at birth ..... i heard the kids were tied up and not fed.........
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2004, 11:22 AM
I would like to add for the 10 years ran a playschool ..i took it over as my kids went there and it was gona close ...we had a child there who came in sometimes with matted hair and coverd in bruses.....it took months for social services to get to the bottom of it...the mother went to parent classes but if the case was worse by the time she got help the child could have been dead..... she was a young mum with no idea..I see her about town sometimes and all has really improved.......
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2004, 06:14 PM
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2004, 06:22 PM
how very sad
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2004, 01:13 PM
i was very saddened by this story and i cant believe it was allowed to get this far. the older children must of gone to school surely they must of noticed how thin or unclean she was? i would never forgive myself if i was friend family or neighbour of these people and had not noticed. my mum has a gi at me if there is mud on one of my kids shoes!!
Dreamon
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-11-2004, 01:22 PM
Thats so sad that these things still happen :-(
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >