View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2006, 08:03 PM
Has anyone heard anymore about Munster show? I tried to find info on the net, but cant find, or am looking in the wrong place
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2006, 09:21 PM
I read on another forum that it might have been contaminated water at the show, don't know anymore than that I'm afraid but I'm sure it will be in the dog papers this week.
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2006, 10:02 PM
Sorry ive only just caught up with this thread gill, thanks for what you said about me lol was great to meet deccy and you as well of course lol

Yes as gill said dougal had a nasty experience at the limerick show when he was attacked by another dog in the ring Poor dougal was standing while the judge was looking at all the dogs, when another dog slipped out of the handlers hands and ran and grabbed dougal by the throat! All i could do was to hold on to him while people tried to get the dog off. Everyone was screaming and shouting because the dog just wouldnt let go! Including the judge who was shouting 'dont pull them appart! you will rip his thoat out!' But people were trying to pull the other dog off so i had to keep moving dougal towards the other dog. In the end it took 5 people to get him off dougal. The judge told me to take dougal off and calm him down and bring him back when i was ready, thankfully dougal is very much a 'dumb blonde!' lol and he trotted back like nothing had just happened at all! He was covered in slober and i have to say i was quite shaken cause of how vicious the dog was. After checking to see if dougal was ok i took him back into the ring, he went in and won the reserve green star as he went in on his toes looking for the other dog!! lol People came up to me afterwards and said that they had never seen a dog attack another one as bad as that before.

The bad thing as well was the elderly man who was handling the dog, didnt even own it and afterward the shock of what happend made him ill. Dougal had a bruised neck and ear which was all swolen so we took him off to the vet on the showground who sorted him out and said what a lovely natured dog he was. His neck is fine now, you can still feel where the dogs teeth were but dougal is quite happy again

Appart from that the circuit was great!!!! Really good fun and i cant wait till next year!

sarah xxx
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2006, 05:51 AM
Hi Sarah,
Glad you got back ok.
I heard that the owner had four entered and grabbed anyone available to show them, she rescues them (obviously gets the papers too) but I sincerely hope that someone has KC'd her! She needs to be kicked out and banned from showing for life, IMO. It is an IKC rule, like the UK KC, that vicious dogs cannot be shown and I know of a Dalmatian exhibitor that was banned after her dog was run into by someone trying to rattle her dog and hers turned round and snapped. This is FAR worse!
By the way, there's a great pic of you and Norman on one of the Irish show sites, must get off to work now but I'll PM you the link tonight. You can buy the pic if you want
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2006, 07:39 AM
sorry to read you had such a nasty experience, and glad to that Dougal is ok now - well done on the Green Star!

Just out of interest, you werent at YKC camp were you?

thandi
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2006, 08:48 AM
OMG Just caught up with this thread. This is awful. I cannot believe that someone would purposely poison dogs. Glad Deccy was unaffected and well done on receiving the Green Star.

Poor poor Dougal and poor you. I have to take my hat off to you for going back into the ring with him. I think I would have just gone home. What a shock. Great result for him then bless him.
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2006, 09:43 AM
What horrendous stories I'm so glad your dogs don't seem to have suffered any lasting damage, but this must really have freaked you both out.

Wheatenmad, many congratulations on the green star!
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2006, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by thandi
sorry to read you had such a nasty experience, and glad to that Dougal is ok now - well done on the Green Star!

Just out of interest, you werent at YKC camp were you?

thandi

Yes i was at YKC camp

Thank you everyone for the congrats, dougal is much better now, his neck is nearly back to normal although now his had kinda like blood blisters all over it that are under the skin, where the dog obviously made his neck bleed quite badly but didnt quite break the skin.

The whole week wasnt bad tho, with dougal and lottie both getting a res green star each, and norman ended up with two res green stars, one green star, one major green star, two best of breeds and best puppy! So it was a lovely week with quite a few parties particularly after our friends cairn won BIS!!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-09-2006, 04:17 PM
well dome sarah glad your boy is no worse for the horrible experience in the ring.
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by leo
well dome sarah glad your boy is no worse for the horrible experience in the ring.
Thanks leo He has more important things to worry about now as lottie came into season on the day we came home Poor dougal lol
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >