New Member!
Male 

16-08-2006, 03:52 PM
Thankyou, we have her booked in for Monday morning for a full M.O.T
SusanW
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-08-2006, 08:32 PM
Hope your little puppy is feeling better now. Some great advice for other forum member
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 09:16 PM
Monday, that is about 10% of the pups life to wait for attention, if you are really worried then take the pup tomorrow.
Ravenhook
New Member!
Male 

17-08-2006, 06:22 AM
Minihaha, took your advice, scrapped the diet sheet that was supplied and made up food for 4 meals as per the food producers recommendations...what a difference, looks more like a meal instead of starvation rations, she needed to go out twice during the night and no the larger portion did not go straight through her and her motions had a consistiency of cottage cheese instead of water (apologies to anyone eating their breakfast..yeuccy subject) and there was no blood. this morning only one very small spot, but she will have another 3 meals of the larger size today...4 in all, so hopefully her digestive system will settle down, she now does not strain to poo.
Thankyou all for your valuable help, we feel much more at ease and if nothing major occurs will leave her appointment at the vet till Monday.
zhen
New Member!
Female 

06-09-2006, 07:00 PM
Our Bull Terrier puppy was the same - we found that any food that contained soya made the problem worse. We took her to the vet who prescribed some powder to add to her food - once powder ran out blood and diarrhoea returned.We gradually changed her food over 5 days to Eukanuba - expensive but the stools were solid and no blood.
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-09-2006, 12:27 PM
When Saffy (Boxer) was a puppy she also had diarrhoea with blood spotting. We found she didnt take very well to any diet change and still doesnt.

So we are very careful what we feed her.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2006, 01:41 PM
I hope your little puppy is doing well now, as I've only just read this post. I agree with Mini and everyone else, little and often, weigh all the food and split it into as many meals as you can per day. Blood in stools is not good, even a small amount, so I hope her instestines have healed up now. All the best with your little bundle of fun!
Ravenhook
New Member!
Male 

08-09-2006, 07:13 AM
I am glad to report that all is well with Bella, We took her to the vet on the saturday instead of the monday as I first stated and after several visits and a stool test, it was found she had E-Coli..and the report found that she was resistant to certain antibiotics, so the vet gave her a course of the non resistant type, a diet heavy on charcoal granules which we are now gradualy reducing and her motions are quite normal, she has now even cut down on the amount of times she needs to go.
She is over 6kg in weight and will start her innoculations within the next two weeks. Most importantly NO blood.
This excercise cost us £300 in vet bills, most of which the insurance will pick up except for the £60 deductable which the breeder will get, although they are being strangely quiet, no wonder really, the report gave raw fish and raw egg as the most likely culprit.
Thankyou everyone for your valued support, we now have a "normal" happy pup that can run around the house and garden with our other two dogs getting up to all sorts of mischief with no "accidents" on the carpet.
I can't endorse the need for pet insurance enough..I used to think it was an unnecessary expence..thank goodness I changed my jaded view.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-09-2006, 07:16 AM
Very pleased to hear that your little one is better
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2006, 07:27 AM
Great news that your pup has made a full recovery. It's such a worry when little ones are unwell.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2