View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2006, 02:41 PM
Yep, she was a bit scared. I'm not sure if the horse would have bitten her dog though, but she thought it would.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
Yep, she was a bit scared. I'm not sure if the horse would have bitten her dog though, but she thought it would.
I reckon it would because that's how they treat each other in the field. It looks pretty painful too when they do it
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-08-2006, 02:17 PM
My horse, Garfield, is fine with my dog on a lead but I'd never risk letting her off near any horse in a field. Horses can be very protective over their fields. Bear in mind that horses are prey animals and dogs are predators. I know that we understand this isn't the case but animals don't think like we do. To a horse, (or a cow), cute cuddly "Fido" is a threat to their survival and might kill and eat it ! I hope the little dog is ok but I'd never let my dog run loose in a field of horses or cows. They could kill your dog.
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2006, 03:48 PM
There's lots of footpaths through horse fields here and you do have to just take your chances. I wouldn't risk walking through one if you're scared of horses and ALWAYS keep the dog on the lead in a field with horses in it!!

Maybe take some carrots to distract the horse while you run through the field
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2