View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2006, 05:18 PM
Thanks SBT, I can crawl back out from my hole again now then!!!!!
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-06-2006, 05:44 PM
SBT, if you ask what to do in a particular situation then you will get opinions. It is my opinion that people that are not vets are lay people; and as such should not be giving veterinary advice, particularly if they haven't even seen the dog. That is common sense.

I had no intention to come across as condecending, only to give what I thought was sensible advice to someone who asked a question i.e. you.

You may or may not be interested in the fact that I actually received rep points for my reply to your query.
So perhaps you're best off in my ignore box, so that I won't be condecending to you again, goodbye. I still hope your dog gets better very soon, sore ears are not nice.

Dawn R.

PS I could have sworn I used several smilies in that reply too.
SBT
Dogsey Junior
Male 

29-06-2006, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by Nursey
SBT, if you ask what to do in a particular situation then you will get opinions. It is my opinion that people that are not vets are lay people; and as such should not be giving veterinary advice, particularly if they haven't even seen the dog. That is common sense.

I had no intention to come across as condecending, only to give what I thought was sensible advice to someone who asked a question i.e. you.

You may or may not be interested in the fact that I actually received rep points for my reply to your query.
So perhaps you're best off in my ignore box, so that I won't be condecending to you again, goodbye. I still hope your dog gets better very soon, sore ears are not nice.

Dawn R.

PS I could have sworn I used several smilies in that reply too.
I see Dawn you want to elevate your position in the Dogweb pack by being condecending and receiving rep points and that was why you gave your me your advice,
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

29-06-2006, 06:46 PM
Can we get back on topic please.

If you post on a forum you will get a whole manner of different opinions from a variety of different people.

Some you might appreciate, and some you might not care for in the slightest.

Just take them for what they are - other peoples opinions. Try not to take anything said personally.
SBT
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-07-2006, 09:36 PM
I decided to give my dog the steroids, his ear lookes like there is nothing wrong with it now and I've been putting the drops in I have a appointment with the vet on the 11th so I am hopeing that will be the end of it.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2006, 09:40 PM
Oh good glad he is better now - the steroids won't have done any harm short term.
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2006, 09:28 AM
Looks like the treatment is doing its job then

Steroids for 3 weeks is a very different thing from steroids permanently. OK, so they can have some unpleasant side-effects, but they also have some pretty amazing curative properties. You are, of course, entitled to request as much information as you like from your vet about the treatment they provide, you pay enough for it! But keep an open mind, even about drugs that have been painted in a bad light, they were created for a reason
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2