View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2006, 08:47 PM
aww Steve sorry you're feeling a bit cr@p. I agree with the others, definitely see the doc. A lot of surgeries have a dedicated asthma clinic so if you don't like your doc try and get an appointment with them. My ex OH had a periodic breathing problem, not hayfever and not asthma they said...they thought it was an allergy. They gave him an inhaler though and it made things a lot better for him.

Hope you feel better soon....oooh heavy breathing phonecalls
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-06-2006, 09:01 PM
lol-heavy breathing-conjures up visions of Darth Vader!

It has to be connected to hayfever Het cause i feel fine in winter and June is always my worst month for sneezing etc,but last night was a bit bad.I even sat infront of oscilating fan thingy trying to get air inside me and felt wrecked this morning cause i didnt sleep much.

I keep meaning to change doctors to surgery round corner Het,but since i detest them all-i keep putting it off and dont bother going even when theres something wrong with me-lol! Think last time i saw my GP was over 4 years ago!
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
lol-heavy breathing-conjures up visions of Darth Vader!

It has to be connected to hayfever Het cause i feel fine in winter and June is always my worst month for sneezing etc,but last night was a bit bad.I even sat infront of oscilating fan thingy trying to get air inside me and felt wrecked this morning cause i didnt sleep much.

I keep meaning to change doctors to surgery round corner Het,but since i detest them all-i keep putting it off and dont bother going even when theres something wrong with me-lol! Think last time i saw my GP was over 4 years ago!

lol...may the force be with me

its worth getting it checked out Steve.....strange how its got bad all of a sudden though.Is there something you have done in the last few days to trigger it off? I suppose if it is a bad time for your hayfever perhaps it wouldn't take much to make it worse though. You need a hot steamy bath or shower to loosen up those passages!
xx Nurse het
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-06-2006, 09:25 PM
I've had coughing fits this time of year for 2-3 years now Het,but never made the connection with hayfever and always put it down to ciggies.But since giving up smoking-the coughing stopped and breathing became better-until now.

I had a soak in the bath earlier which made me feel a little better,but the real test will be in the early hours when im in bed.Im coughing occasionally now and each time-theres an odd taste in my mouth afterwards so guess its something being brought up from lungs? On the whole though-i feel fine so cant be anything serious!
Minnie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-06-2006, 11:05 PM
You have my sympathies Steve!
I too seem to be growing into the hayfever despite suffering for as long as I can remember!
I even tried the desensitising injections only to be allergic to them too and the hospital refused to let me have any more as the reactions are sometimes fatal

I take pills, have eye drops and nasal drops. A few years ago I started all the wheezing and not being able to breath. Went to the doctors and he told me I have summer asthma related to the hayfever. He gave me becotide inhaler and ventolin inhalers. They control it really well.

Please go to the doctors and get it sorted
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-06-2006, 06:43 AM
Hi Steve,sorry to hear you are feeling miserable,my Hubbie is the same,he also grew into it in his late 30's,one year he had the same trouble with breathing and needed an inhaler,hasn't needed one since then,but suffers terribly with runny nose and eyes,over the counter products no longer worked,so went to Docs,now on Mizollen 10mg.Takes about a week to kick in,only the odd sneeze every now and then.
They do say try to avoid dairy products for hayfever.Hope you feel better soon and would recommend going to the Docs.
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2006, 10:41 AM
Hi Steve
I am the same. My brother is a doctor, so he advises me which medication is the best. i have been talking seretide for my asthma. It has really helped. Have a chat to your doctor about it.
I don't get half as chesty now. I gave up smoking a year ago last wednesday
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2006, 10:51 AM
Hi Steve,
It's worse at this time because of the different types of pollen in the air, you must be more allergic to the June pollens.
Have realised ( I have this too) the link between my cough and my hayfever...thought it was a remnant from my cold....
I would see your Dr ( I know what you mean I hate them too...but needs must...!)
Do you take and antihistamine?
You can get them from any supermarket over the counter now. It may be worth trying one and seeing if it helps a bit, if you don't take one already. Should certainly dry up your nose! ( Lovely!)
Also, try to avoid dairy products as they can make you more 'mucousy'!
Hope you get a decent night's kip soon...
Ax
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-06-2006, 12:46 PM
I already take 10mg Cetirizine tablets (prescription trade name for Zirtek) which takes some of the symptoms away,but not all.I have several squirts of a nasal spray as and when i need it & eye drops when they start streaming.Im gonna end up a walking chemist if i have to use inhalers also!

ah well-just gotta ring the doc tommorrow for an appointment.Have no idea when that'll be though!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2006, 05:59 PM
Probably 3 years next Tuesday , but only if you're an emergency, if they're anyhting like ours Steve. Hope you feel better soon. No sleep is not fun. Ax
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >