Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2006, 08:00 AM
Originally Posted by toni
i watched it and found it compelling, i could never understand lord longford campaining for hindleys release.. she was infact about 2wks away from parole under european law when she died..(or did she)?
many think she was released ..she always wanted to be ..Brady on the other hand will never be he dosen't want to
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2006, 10:02 AM
hadn't heard that she may have benn released rather than dying...OMG how awful if that's true.
Thought the programme was very well done indeed.
Foxy...I spent a lot of time in Uppermill in the late 80's/early 90's!!! Fantastic place, did a lot of walking there (and a bit of drinking!)
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2006, 10:42 AM
i couldn't watch it!!!!!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by Ailsa1
hadn't heard that she may have benn released rather than dying...OMG how awful if that's true.
Thought the programme was very well done indeed.
Foxy...I spent a lot of time in Uppermill in the late 80's/early 90's!!! Fantastic place, did a lot of walking there (and a bit of drinking!)
I was in Uppermill in the 80's too Ailsa - used to go every Thursday night to the Village Manor disco - do you remember that? The Village Manor has been knocked down though now and they are building houses there
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2006, 10:48 AM
Used to go to the pub towards the top of the hill, near a church?????? Can't remeber the name, ex boyfriend ( well fiancee) was brought up round there, his dad used to own a garden centre....
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2006, 10:50 AM
Used to go to the pub towards the top of the hill, near a church?????? Can't remeber the name, ex boyfriend ( well fiancee) was brought up round there, his dad used to own a garden centre....

Ooh you will probably mean the Church Inn which is right next to Saddleworth Church and there are peacocks wandering about. There is also another pub a bit higher up called The Cross Keys. My o/h lives in Uppermill.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2006, 10:57 AM
The Cross Keys sounds familiar and the peacock thing does too, have a feeling we went to the Cross Keys a fair amount. Also used to walk up to some tower thing...top of a big hill?????? Mybe your OH knew him! We didn't end particularly amicably...apparently my name was mud in those parts!!! Hmmmm...perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned the uppermill link.......
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2006, 11:00 AM
The Cross Keys sounds familiar and the peacock thing does too, have a feeling we went to the Cross Keys a fair amount. Also used to walk up to some tower thing...top of a big hill?????? Mybe your OH knew him! We didn't end particularly amicably...apparently my name was mud in those parts!!! Hmmmm...perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned the uppermill link.......

Awwww I'm sure thats not true Ailsa - my o/h probably did know him because he has lived there from being 7 years old to being the old nearly 47 year old codger he is now The tower thing would be Pots and Pans I think - does that ring a bell?
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2006, 11:04 AM
yeh i watched it and it was very disturbing!! well acted though
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2006, 11:05 AM
It does ring a bell yep!
My name was mud!!!
my ex would be about 37 now, trained to be a vet, (we were together at uni), had 3 sisters, mum was a teacher ( and thought wives should be at home looking after their hubbys!) and dad ran a garden centre until he had some sort of breakdown from what I remember. it was his sisters best mate that told me my name was mud when I saw her in a pub round here...
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >