Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by Roxy
So if I was walking through the park and a man jumped out from behind a tree and scared my dog and me and I told everyone on DW about it would it make me Anti Men??????
I think so Rox
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2006, 11:14 AM
Definately not anti kid here. Have 23, 21 and 2 year old (check out this mornings picture Malamute X GSD, Bichon Frise & toddler) and always had a house full of dogs. Worked as a child protection social worker until last child born. The children have all been brought up with animals and have always treated them all with kindness and respect. I think all of us have the odd gripe with people in general but I personally love kids.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2006, 11:15 AM
I'm not 'anti-kid'. I want to work with children eventually but I will sometimes moan about them. It's not the kids that bother me, it's the parents.

I have been known to have a grumble about kids, when they're throwing things on the floor in supermarkets because they're not allowed a certain chocolate bar, or shouting at their parents and throwing tantrums, I often say 'my dog would be better behaved than that brat!' But it's not the child, that bugs me it's the parents.
I know for a fact (I've asked my mum) that I never threw tantrums like that in public and don't think there is any excuse (unless the child is mentally handicapped) for the sort of behaviour that children seem to exhibit nowadays. It always seems that the parents turn around and smile quietly as if to say 'well what can you do?'

Having said that - I don't know who's most at fault, the parents or the government, when I was a child, I knew that if my folks threatened me, they'd carry it through, so I respected them. Nowadays folks aren't allowed to touch their children with a barge pole let alone raise their voice! It can't make disciplining children easy!
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2006, 11:18 AM
Im not Anti Kid I hate everyone

DOGS RULE
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by Amie
Im not Anti Kid I hate everyone

DOGS RULE
I agree and I like to think of myself as an equal opportunity hater...lol

Also agree that dogs rule and I haven't met one yet that I didn't like ...lol
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2006, 11:24 AM
and dogs are so much easier to train and are alwys grateful!!!!
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-04-2006, 11:26 AM
Well I've got both, give me dogs anyday
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2006, 11:28 AM
I like kids and dogs to be honest, it's adults that get me stroppy......
lckerry
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Personally, I LOVE dogs and dislike children . Maybe my opinion will change if I ever have children.

Remember "KIDS DROOL DOGS RULE"
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2006, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by darkleynoon
ive noticed from this website and many others that i visit (rarely post on) that lots of 'dog' people are really anti children, i have 2 kids and have recently lost my dog (im hopefully getting another one in a couple of months) and i have never had any problems with children and my dogs

parks are for people as well as dogs, and children tend to be stupid (they are young remember!) so if you come across children doing something stupid remember they have as much right to be there as you and they will learn eventually
Blimey.......who took the jam out of your doughnut?

I'm sure there's not one person on this board who is anti-children. However, MOST of us are anti-idiot
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »