View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
huskadie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-04-2006, 07:44 AM
im really sorry to say this but i thought this was a free country and everyone has a right to choose which breed of dog they own(or xbreed if they choose!) im sure if dazzle had said she'd been to see a litter of mini schnauzers there would be no questions abot eye certs etc.etc.i joined this forum as it seemed friendly but people tones and questioning are far from that sometimes!!!if and when i get another dog it will definitely be a xbreed and whether its an accidental mating or not is nothing to do with anyone else.....basically if dazzle wants to get a schnoodle thats up to her..............i think she posted to share in her excitement not to be spoken to like a naughty child
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2006, 07:54 AM
Nobody is beng like that huskadie, we only highlight these concerns as we have seen many people get purposly bred crosses and suffer heartache when the pup dies through ill health that could have been avoided.

It is certainly not to condescend or tell someone off, far from that just to make them aware of any potential problems.

And im sure we will all enjoy looking at the puppy photos.

Alex
xx
huskadie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-04-2006, 08:06 AM
i do understand that china but maybe the way in which people word things imo is very condescending and if i was dazzle dont think i'd want to post my pups pics for some peop to be sneering at! sorry once again but maybe people should try not to be so harsh sounding and speak as theyd like to be spoken to(as much as you can in txt!)-as you did..
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2006, 08:07 AM
Breeding topic aside, I'm looking forward to seeing the adorable puppy. You must be really excited

Our concerns are for the health of dogs. I can only speak for myself here but I'm not here to judge people or start slapping the wrists of people who buy them in good faith.

Enjoy your pup when it comes, can't wait to see pics
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2006, 08:08 AM
Certainly not my intention either Huskadie, I am concerned that Dazzle should know the possible problems of homing a dog that may have been deliberately bred when the only idea in the breeders mind is making money. But having said that I am far more worried about pups that are bred in this way.

And yes, of course, it is important to ask about the health status of any puppy you may be buying be it pure breed, cross breed or mongrel. It is not the puppy who is at fault it is the breeder and those who encourage the breeding of puppies who’s health or live expectancy is less the best they can be.
huskadie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-04-2006, 08:10 AM
thankyou minky thats what i meant(in a nutshell)........looking forward to seeing pics of 'schnoodle' too..
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-04-2006, 08:21 AM
Originally Posted by huskadie
i do understand that china but maybe the way in which people word things
Hi Huskadie I don't think for a moment anyone posted with anything but the best intention and genuine concern..I think many were take aback after reading previous threads on the choice of a puppy ...
.when the puppy arrives I am sure everyone will love seeing the pictures and will do their best to help and advise in any way they can..
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-04-2006, 08:24 AM
Good luck with your puppy i wish you a lifetime of happiness!

On the purposely cross bred topic, my Westie x Dandie dinmont was purposley bred the outcome was a dog capable of a day in the field yet an even enough temperament too be happy to curl up on the sofa after a hard days work. My bitch is about 14 months now..been to the vets for vaccinations as a puppy................thats it! So i hardly think all purposley bred crosses are un-healthy, and Florrie's breeder was hardly a money making villan, she was an extremmely nice lady who kept in touch and was a source of invaluable information, sadly she is now longer with us.

I just think its unfair that because someone chooses a purposley bred cross breed and not from a rescue center, and doesnt go for a dog with a pedigree as long as my armthat incidentally probably has a whole host of health problems in the long run, then gets jumped upon for doing so
I'm with huskadie on this one..its a free country!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2006, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by huskadie
im really sorry to say this but i thought this was a free country and everyone has a right to choose which breed of dog they own(or xbreed if they choose!) ..............i think she posted to share in her excitement not to be spoken to like a naughty child
Have to agree there with you huskadie...

I know the other week a few of us came under flack for being Northern Inuit Dog / Utonagan owners (of all things!) when we didn't take to kindly to when a breeder we knew about who joined under the guise of an ordinary owner to do a spot of PR...But they were no ordinary owner and the circumstances were very different than this...

I do think although questions are a good thing there is quite a condescending tone about them...People could ask without the tone in my opinion.
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2006, 08:30 AM
I agree with Luke. The only beef I have with cross breeding is if it's done deliberately with an aim solely to make money. No concern for the health and welfare of the litters.

There's many a great dog born the crossbreeding and so long as they are healthy, happy and loved then that's fine by me.

A pet is a pet is a pet and always will be. I'm sure the new pup will be much loved no matter who it's parents are
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »