View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2006, 10:50 PM
Absolutly fantastic photos, what a great experience that must have been, they are gorgious.
Scottish Mags
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-03-2006, 11:27 PM
What fabulous pictures and a great experiece
DogLady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-03-2006, 05:38 AM
Awesome!Wolves are facinating creatures.
We have a wolf at our animal control a few years back, illegal in this state, he was beautiful, I agree alot like sibs and very quiet. He was a lucky wolf because some animals lovers found out about him and donated money and had him taken to a wolf sanctuary
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2006, 06:45 AM
JMO, but I think the wolves look totally miserable
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

15-03-2006, 12:15 PM
are duma and dakota from reading, was a great day.

one in bedford ?????

where ???

will visit that then seeing as i live next to it.lol

as for miserable, not really, they had great fun on the walk and stuff and wouldnt really let you handle them and stuff if they didnt want to.

they are slightly smaller for a few reasons,

1, they ar female

2, new coat comign through

3, because they are captive bred

due to the captive breeding proigrams the wolves are now coming out smaller overall.

weird how it is happening bu not detrimental to them.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2006, 01:06 PM
Lucky you, fantastic pics, what an experience I agree with Vicki though, why do they look so miserable and timid? I have seen them on the t.v. and they don't look like that?
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2006, 02:00 PM
Id say the wolves look more timid in these pics than when you see them on the box is because although captive wolves are used to seeing more people, wolves are shy of people, so they probably are 'wary' looking while they are being walked.

See how they look different splashing in the water

It's a bit like my dogs...when they are onlead, they are more sedate...lol...Then when they get off you really see them smile and come into their own...Maybe it's a bit like these wolves...when they are playing and off the leash doing there own thing they really come into their own

I know some of these places function because they take in rescue wolves, maybe from private collections or zoo's etc and they hold these walks as a way of funding what they do and to educate the public about them
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2006, 10:49 PM
They're not timid as such, more wary of people. When it starts off the public wait in the woods then the handlers come with the wolves. The public line up and just stick out a fist and as the wolves walk past with their handlers they come and sniff your hand IF THEY WISH TO. They are really pleased to be out there and really just want to get on with the walk.

They are on lines but they decide the pace and what they sniff at, urinate on - they're not lead along on leads like dogs, yet they are better behaved than Loki . The walk lasts around 2.5 hours and the public just walk along with/behind them then every so often there are photo opportunities and a couple of members are able to come and greet the wolves, but if the wolf doesn't want to then they don't. They are always put first. They are okay with a few people but ultimately they want to get on and walk/sniff/go in the water - so they do.

The one I met was amazing; she stared right up into my eyes and tolerated me.
suz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-03-2006, 10:52 PM
great pics, what a fantastic experience for you
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2006, 01:24 PM
These are brill, what an experience.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2